New Project
[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM,
New Project
OK so I am thinking of a new project. I have 2 7mm cushions right now and bought Lorrissey's 2 5mm cushions BUT I thought they were 6mms. I was thinking about doing an all white gold ring that had a take on Ginger's Hella Awesome. It will have different details to it, I would never just straight up copy it.
I was thinking all unplated white gold, no rose gold or pink stones. Tiny pave around the halo with milgrain.
Thoughts? Can I use the 7mm and 5mm? Does anyone know the size of Ginger's stones in Hella?
thanks

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM,
RE: New Project
Lorrissey just filled me in on the stone sizes:
Center diamond: 1.34cts. - 6.5mm x 5.48mm x 4.95mm

Next largest diamonds: 1.08 cts. tw - average measurements 4.5mm x 4.48mm x 3.5mmColor:

Outside smallest diamonds: 0.46 cts. tw - average measurements 3.5mm x 3.42mm x 2.56mm

So I would have a really chunky version of the ring. I would have use the 2 5mms, buy 2 6mms, and use 1 of my 7mms.
What do you think? Thoughts ............................. anyone? :::::echo echo echo::::::::::::::

[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:22 PM,
I actually think:
7mm center
5mm sides
4mm smallest sides

would be better proportion wise and still bigger than hella awesome.

[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:32 PM,
Oh wow, I cannot wait to see how this progresses! It's going to be a knockout LoveLove

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:36 PM,
I did send a PM to Ginger, I don't want her to feel icky about it. If I could afford Hella I would buy her but I am using cz's so ...
I'm not even definite on the plan. I might want to do a 5 or 7 stone wg bezel with milgrain. idk.

[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 04:50 PM,
OK I feel better - Ginger said GO FOR IT and can't wait to see it.

I am still not sure what I want to do so give me some feed back people ???

Maybe a poll?

[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 05:07 PM,
Ahhh this sounds great! I love hella awesome and to see an inspired version of it will be fun! Poll it up with the options you're considering!

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissAnna1104's post:
  • MicheleZ
06-07-2013, 05:16 PM,
I think you should buy a bunch of Chris UK CZs, get some putty like Hadley, and play around with proportions. And of course, post pictures of all the configurations Big Grin

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 05:19 PM,
Oh man, that's going to be gorge! You know how I feel about unplated white gold <3

So do you want to incorporate bezels somehow? Or just have a milgrain edge around the pave frame? Just on the outside, or between the center stones and pave and then also around the outside edge?

Sounds amazing Smile You should make us some sketches!!!

[-]
  •
06-07-2013, 05:20 PM,
I actually wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with the stones, I just know a 5 or 7 cushion stone would be delish. I feel pretty icky about even posting this now - not sure why I'm feeling this but I hope i didn't offend anyone. Why do I feel so weird??