New Setting for Green OMC? Help, please!
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 06:31 PM,
New Setting for Green OMC? Help, please!
Dizzy

Girls, I need some help/advice. poppyseed has helped me to narrow down some options, but I am still not sure what I am doing.

OMC is 1.49ct. but faces up very small, like under 6.5mm. For me, this means it needs to have some serious HELP in the setting bling department because mama is used to BIG. This will be an alternative wedding ring/e-ring since I don't seem able to wear RHR's any more, so bear that in mind.

I am thinking double halo of pink diamonds and rose gold or possibly two-tone. Here is a green and pink diamond DBL, keeping in mind my OMC is a deeper green, and we are talking round halo, not cushion:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!greenandpinkhalo by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

My stone at it's brightest. Indoors it is a deeper green than this:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!greendiamond3 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

My thoughts are so far that I want to bezel the OMC in rose gold. Would you do a double halo of pinks or one halo of pink and one of white diamonds? All rose gold or some combination of rose and white or rose and yellow? What size melee would you use? Any other thoughts/ideas/criticisms welcome!!!

I am confused. Cry And also shocked I am probably doing another HALO, lol. I just don't think a solitaire will give me the coverage I need.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM,
RE: New Setting for Green OMC? Help, please!
I would do all pinks, just cause I think 2 tone may be busy. 2 colours in a ring works for me, but 3 can be overwhelming. Have you looked at JAR settings? You may find inspiration there.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 08:48 PM,
I'm no help. I think I personally would use white metal because I'm not sure how I feel about rose gold/green as an alternate ering..that's just me, plus green and rose would not match enough things in my wardrobe for my OCD. Crackup
I just know that whatever you chose it will be spectacular. I love the color of that green! I do like that setting it is in too, could you wear it as is while you think about it?
PS I'm having trouble with RHRs too. Hope it's just the humid summer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Slick
08-31-2014, 09:23 PM,
JAR!!! Thanks @jenncent i completely forgot about JAR! mwah!!! That makes me miss @KJMM Sad I think you are right about the 3 colors being too much. Thank you.

@Slick - you are always so sweet and encouraging. And hilarious. I have OCD, too, so there is one side of me that is "matchy-matchy" and very conservative and simplistic. Then there is another part of me that just wants to throw caution to the wind and so something really fun, different and creative. Which makes me really confused. Dizzy But I am thinking that if I'm gonna do something different, I may as well do it, you know? And as I type that the little voice of conservatism rears it's fearful little head and says, "But ED, will you really wear a pink and green ring?" Hide

[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 10:50 PM,
I think we all have that wild crazy side inside us, and since this is an alt ering, why not throw caution to the wind and really do it up? I'm kind of the odd man out here, i'm going to vote double halo, one pink one white. Orrrr.... Have u thought of maybe, a yellow diamond halo? Green and yellow are pretty, still wild and unique, but might have you reach for the ring more often than pink and green.

[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 11:25 PM,
Pink diamonds and/or RG would be really pretty. The ONLY issue I had with going with rose gold with my Alex is - while I loved how the colors played together - I was afraid it would be too "trendy" for my somewhat "conservative" taste. I am so not good with this stuff unless I can lay the stones out and see them in person, but might yellow diamonds/yellow gold be an option?

I just saw Sparkledancer suggested the same thing. Great minds ...

[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 11:46 PM,
@"SparkleDancer" and @SparkleFactor - thanks for the feedback girls! poppyseed also suggested yellow diamonds...I am not ruling it out. Yellow would be better with my gorge baguette band (SD, it is already turning yellow. My skin is like acid, just eating that rhodium right off!)

My reservation is that yellow is not as flattering on my skin as pink. And the green is a cooler toned green more so than yelow-green. Maybe I need to see my stone next to yellow and pink melee to decide. Anyway, thanks for the feedback ladies! You are giving me something to consider for sure.

[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 11:57 PM,
@EarthDiva I only threw the yellow out since you were asking about colors. Personally, I think it is really bangin' beautiful with white diamonds, as it really makes the green stand out so nicely (which is why I went all white with my Alex, in the end). IF it were mine, I would come up with a setting style that I liked and was white metal with white diamonds, or maybe "peekaboo" yellow gold and white diamonds, where you only see a little bit of the YG.

[-]
  •
09-01-2014, 07:24 AM,
I have a question, and sorry I have not read through most of the responses, but what about dipping this in rose gold and wearing it a while to see how you feel about the stone?

[-]
  •
09-01-2014, 07:57 AM,
^^ that is a great idea!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website