New additions to the family...
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:01 PM,
Wink  New additions to the family...
I had (and still have!) "stuff" laying about my jewelry case that I haven't worn or used in ages. What with all the creativity going on here on the board, I decided to re-use some sparklie treasures. I *finally* beat the procrastination-beast (LOL!) and took some ideas to a local jeweler who has both an on-site bench as well as dealing with artisans in the city.

The newest family members are both RHRs. Big Grin

Here's one inspiration ring. Regrettably, I sold this ring in a period of time when I'd not worn it in ages. That was an error, in hindsight.

This was an 8x10mm oval, natural yellow sapphire with three small recycled diamonds and a recycled y/g band.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The new iteration, a blue lab sapphire (very velvety and rich color) 8x10 cushion, with a .30 OEC diamond (super cut and VVS, F); fiery and brilliant! The other two diamonds are very nice RBs, .15 and .08ct. They're H-I and VS. White gold (12 grams!) with a combo of sleek modern and the finest migrain around the bezels. This one turned out much bolder than the casual look I was aiming for. I do love it and will wear it a lot but it's a biggun'! Blush

The next is a pear diamond I've had for a couple years. It's 1.09ct, I color and would be VS–SI, *except* that before I owned it, it had a boo-boo occur. Looks like it was hit ju-u-ust right and has a little ding on it, so it's now an I1, although not visible to the naked eye. I can't find the measurements for it and didn't think to measure it before taking it in ('cause I thought I had the measurements already. D'oh!) So, including the very fine, narrow bezel, it's 9.6x6.6. Can't measure the depth, now...

Here are the bits 'n pieces—a hefty band I had turned into a "guard" for a lovely antique OEC cluster ring I have (band's too narrow for me, for a RHR). I never wear the OEC ring anymore, nor the band/guard.

^^ Cell phone shot... I was going to gypsy set the diamonds out of the little pinky ring in a scattered pattern. However, while at the jewellers, I saw that one of the artisans they use does amazing carving. So, I decided to opt for carving instead. Again with the milgrain on both the band and the bezel-set pear.

I didn't like the pear N-S on my hand, nor did I like the pear E-W, in general. It just so happened that the shape of the band suited the pear to be at a diagonal angle. I love, love, LOVE it on my right hand with the stone pointed upwards and outwards, toward my pinkie finger.

And here's the RHR precious that i'm smitten with. Just picked it up yesterday. The carving is amazingly beautiful! The milgrain is perfection and the little chubby pear is nestled in all cosy and lovely. Banana

I'm right handed and did my best to take a photo with my left hand which was a mess, LOL! Camera is definitely for righties! Crackup

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:11 PM,
RE: New additions to the family...
oh wow! These are fabulous, unique, and substantial!! I really love love love the colour of that sapphire. I am a sucker for deep, rich blues like that. Congrats on two, wonderful new pieces!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:14 PM,
Thanks, jenncent! It's kinda dizzy-making now, trying to decide which RHR to wear, LOL! Actually, if I'm in the mood, I can wear the pear with the weensy narrow etoile band from MrsK. They look lovely together.

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:19 PM,
Wow on the pear!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:21 PM,
@CricketBug I love them both so very much. They are so original and using the recycled gold is perfect. What vision you have. I don't know which I like better! Great job planning and what a super bench you used. More pics please! Popcorn

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:24 PM,
Those are both incredible, gorgeous rings! I really love how your pear turned out, and love that sapphire and how Kashmir-y it looks. Just out of curiosity, is that by chance the Czochralski pulled lab sapphire that was on LT or DB some time back? I have been curious about that type of lab sapphire since I saw it.

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 07:59 PM,
What a unique and cool collection! The pear is my fav!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 08:57 PM,
They are both so cool! I love a bold statement ring.

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 09:05 PM,
both super pretty & original but I love the sapphire soooooo much! I remember when you were looking for sapphires...well, I love what you came up with!

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 11:54 PM,
Wow love your designs!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!