New project from family heirlom-please suffer the wait with me! lol
[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 10:03 AM,
New project from family heirlom-please suffer the wait with me! lol
So my grandma passed in 2006...as the eldest grandaughter she left me a diamond ring. The diamond was apparently worn by my great-grandma with a marquise shaped garnet in the same ring. Nobody can remember what the ring really looked like and all my family knew was that my gram had them separated to give this diamond solitaire to my aunt. Well, she loved her son and despised his wife (my aunt) so she kept the solitaire and wore it for as long as I could remember.

A few weeks ago my bf asked why i never wear the ring, I just didnt love the setting and it looked pretty beat up plus the wg was pretty thin from years of wear. I got on a mission after that and have been on all these boards for months looking for my dream ering so I contacted @poppyseed for a custom design. I wanted a double halo with the inner halo of rose gold, plain shank and she found me one! The diamond is .47 ct and the jeweler stated a prong was broke so its good I didnt wear it. It has been shipped off and now I want someone else to wait with me.. I am sooooo excited! Here are the before pics:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 11:05 AM,
RE: New project from family heirlom-please suffer the wait with me! lol
What a wonderful project! I am a big fan of poppyseed and Amcor and cannot wait to see your lovely double halo. The two-tone is going to be absolutely lovely and romantic - such a perfect new home for your special heirloom diamond.

[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 02:38 PM,
I love heirloom pieces! This will be beautiful. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 02:58 PM,
I love that this will hold so much sentiment.
Cannot wait to see the end result Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 03:19 PM,
Exciting! I love recycling family heirlooms to be able to enjoy every day, congrats!

[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 06:48 PM,
jenncent Wrote:I love heirloom pieces! This will be beautiful. Smile

This!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-11-2014, 07:07 PM,
How awesome and special a memento of your grandma for you! We didn't have any pieces really passed down to us (except a necklace from my grandma to me when she was still alive), so that's one of the reasons I don't mind having so many pieces. I want my daughter, and any children she might have, to have beautiful treasures one day to pass on to their families.

[-]
  •
08-12-2014, 01:03 AM,
I have a ring very similar to that from my mother when she passed away. I'm so curious to see what your halo will look like!! I haven't decided what to do with my Mothers ring yet. I am going to keep it for sure, just haven't found the right look for it!! Good luck and I will be looking forward to your many photos!! I'll be happy to wait with you! Smile

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 12:06 PM,
Hi girls...well I am still waiting. It seems as though the NYC P.O. has "misplaced" my package containing my grandma's ringSad I had it insured but in reality it was a priceless ring I sent to have made into the double halo. I am trying to remain positive and @poppyseed has been so wonderful about talking me off the ledge...LOL

So here I am still waiting but now trying to remain positive that in what I picture as a "black hole (NYC P.O)" the package will turn up!

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 03:01 PM,
honestly-the same thing happened to me recently with the NYC PO. They truly don't track the way everyone else does, so try to sit tight - hugs!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!