New wedding band from DK--unsure what to think
[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 06:09 PM,
New wedding band from DK--unsure what to think
Hi All,
I've been fantasizing about a new wedding band for a while now (over a year, actually), and have always adored @HS4S yellow gold engraved band from Schubach's.

I finally started the process back in November, and got quotes from both DK and Schubachs. I decided on DK in the end because he also has great engraved bands, and the price was more do-able for me Smile

I told DK to model it exactly after this pic of @HS4S (sorry for using the pic, let me know if you want me to take it down)

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

DK sent finished pics today, and I'm not entire sure I love them as much as the original, so I wanted other opinions first. Here are pics:

What do you ladies think? I feel like my band might be too flat on top as opposed to curved? And that maybe the engraving is less....something? I can't put my finger on it exactly. Maybe I'm just being crazy...but I just wanted other opinions before driving myself too crazy Dizzy

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 06:17 PM,
RE: New wedding band from DK--unsure what to think
I have to confess, I am not the greatest fan of the profile from above. I get why you are feeling a little 'off' about it.

I think the main difference is that your ring is flatter faced and has less of that elegant curved profile. It is still a lovely ring though!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Enkay
01-14-2015, 06:19 PM,
That band from HS4S was made by our very best master goldsmith. He is not just a jeweler, but an artist. When I look at my pieces from him, I am literally in awe of the details. Hand engraving is like hand writting, everyone's will be different... and it is almost impossible to replicate exactly. So yes, it looks different to me, but I think in real life, not magnified, you will not mind the differences so much. Wink I think your band is beautiful and once you get it on, I bet you will love it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 06:51 PM,
wow-I think its gorgeous and maybe I am the odd man out, but I actually prefer a flat rather than rounded (and that is what my custom three stone band is like. but I requested it to be that way). I hope in person that you love it!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 07:14 PM,
I agree that they will never be exactly identical, especially if someone else made it. But like was already said, macro shots are so magnified and I think it will be beautiful in person. I find the IRL look of engraving is so different from the magnified views. Of course you have to be in love with it...

[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 07:34 PM,
Ditto to what Slick has said..:-)
I do think its absolutely stunning....your band is also thinner than HS4S's band to my eye.. her band looks to be about 3mm in width.... where yours looks to be 2mm-2.5mm.. also changing up the way the engraving looks... as there is less space to engrave... the higher dome on HS4S's band also gives it a slightly different look...

I love it!!..I myself prefer thinner lower domed bands (they stack better in my experience)... so its perfection to me...:-)

[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • LaurieLee
01-14-2015, 08:08 PM,
I have had bands engraved by both. I have to admit that I adore my yellow gold band so much. It is the one piece of jewelry that I never take off. There is just something about it. It was engraved by Teo. I actually had two from him and I like this one better. It's just perfect (to me). That being said.....everything I have engraved by David is amazing too. Really great quality. The engraving on my 3 stone by David was amazing. Also....Davids pictures are not very good either

PS.....I never mind my pictures being shared.

[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 08:13 PM,
My band is 2.5mm. The rose gold was 3 and it felt slightly heavy to me.

[-]
  •
01-14-2015, 08:42 PM,
As others said, apples and oranges. One is wider than the other, two different artists, two different metals ... It's gonna look a little different. I think it's gorgeous, and I think the inspiration is gorgeous. Hope you love it when you have it in & on your hand. Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • OoohShiny
01-14-2015, 08:57 PM,
I'm much more a fan of the first because that's just what *I* like. I love the engraving, the domed band, the deeper contours etc.

But like everyone has said, I bet they won't look all that different in person. I think it deserves a look see!