Newbie shows all
[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 10:27 PM,
Newbie shows all
Hi all just wanted to post pics of my current set. This is my 2nd set - Jared semi-mount with 1.05 h/si2 cushion mod brilliant on the ering and a Shane co 1ctw 10-stone band. I'm considering (again) switching it up. I got 1st ering in 2010 then this one in 2012, so I'm right on schedule for a change. Blush

More pics later cuz it's a pita trying this on my kindle.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 10:54 PM,
RE: Newbie shows all
so beautiful!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 11:54 PM,
Gorgeous! Stars

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 07:48 AM,
So pretty! Got any ideas for the next set?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 01:26 PM,
Now that I'm on a "real computer" and can multi task... Here are a couple more of my current (2nd) set.

finally, one on my hand:

@MrsK I'm really drooling over an OEC moissy, possibly in one of Schubach's scroll or cathedral fleur sol solitaire settings. I do like to nest my (or a different) band, though, and both of those settings appear to have "bumpouts" ... but I change my mind a lot and so it probably won't matter in the long run, cuz I'd just move this one over to my right hand Smile

But then I'd have to move my right hand ring over...

Pics of my first ering and my current RHR will show up in a separate thread. Or later in this one...

[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 01:33 PM,
Here's my current RHR which is two chevron bands with blue and clear and a 1.25 center (all cz, in rhodium plated sterling). Sometimes I put the bands on my left with the cushion, sometimes i put them with my original ering... I like variety Wink

I like the slightly higher crown angle on this stone as compared with my cushion which has a large, very flat table. I love the high crown angle, prolly why I love OEC... and ACC.

A little dirty...

[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 03:28 PM,
So pretty! You have some great shots there!

[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 03:43 PM,
@stardust
I taped my loupe over the lens of my iphone camera. Pictures are much easier to take than when I try to hold the loupe with the non-subject hand and snap the pic with my nose Smile And pics with loupe have far better clarity than trying to capture a picture using just the iphone camera. My DH thinks I'm bonkers Heart

[-]
  •
12-04-2014, 04:07 PM,
My ering i got in 2010 was made from the setting given to my mom from my dad around 1959. She let me have it for my first marriage in 1993. However, after that bombed and I got a new fiance, the old diamond (a .47 RB) was removed and for this engagement, we exchanged it for a .68 g/vs2.

The pics in this collage were taken before I discovered the loupe-over-lens trick.

That ring, in unplated white gold, when I got my current set... sat in a drawer. Just recently, I decided to have it sized up for a RHR. I have never had this happen previously, but this place, when they sized it, put a rhodium plating on it. I kind of liked the unplated WG better. But, oh well... live/learn

And I STILL LOVE this setting.