Next project but need help!
[-]
  •
05-14-2014, 02:59 PM,
Next project but need help!
So i'm almost at the end of my current project with DK and i'm already thinking about my next one.

My husband and I will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary next year and will be renewing our vows. As we have the money now i'm going to go ahead and buy our new wedding rings.

I've seen the most adorable 5 stone ring! Its vintage and fabulous! I want to get this one in yellow gold as my husband wants yellow gold for his band.

My first concern is finding 5 matching old cuts - either cushions or rounds. Is this an easy task or a complete nightmare? Is this something DK can source for me? Has anyone else managed to buy a suite of matching old cuts? I would buy modern cuts if its not easy to find the old ones.

Secondly, I don't know how to work out what size the diamonds are in the inspiration ring. I can see they get smaller as they go away from the centre. I do know the total carat weight is 1.2cts. Anyone got any idea how to work it out?

Thanks for any help and here are the photos!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-14-2014, 03:14 PM,
RE: Next project but need help!
How fun! And I love that ring!

David can source matching old cuts and graduated like you want. It will take awhile and would be easier than you trying to put them together yourself. I know because I asked. Yay for you!!

[-]
  •
05-14-2014, 03:21 PM,
Oh yay!! That's great news! I don't mind waiting because I'm not in a hurry for it!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Turks's post:
  • always
05-14-2014, 03:43 PM,
I see rings like this come up on ebay all the time. I think it's often easiest to just buy all five together. If you don't like the ring itself, you can just have the stones taken out! A lot of the ones I see are from the UK ebay as well!

[-]
  •
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM,
I don't usually mind buying pre-owned rings. In fact I like getting a bargain! In this case I want a new ring as it's for our renewal. If DK can source old diamonds that's fine but I want the actual ring/setting to be new Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes yonder's post:
  • always
05-15-2014, 01:16 AM,
(05-14-2014, 02:59 PM)Shelley Wrote: Secondly, I don't know how to work out what size the diamonds are in the inspiration ring. I can see they get smaller as they go away from the centre. I do know the total carat weight is 1.2cts. Anyone got any idea how to work it out?

I really like the ring in your inspiration pics @Shelley! It is very similar to this Stuller setting which I have always admired.

Here is the link to this ring on the Stuller website. It says the total ct wt. is 1.25 with a 5mm center, two 4mm and two 3.5mm stones. Hope that helps!

[-]
  •
05-15-2014, 02:51 AM,
Yes it does!! Thank you!!

[-]
  •
05-15-2014, 06:54 AM,
Schubie's can source old cuts for you too! I know they have large network when it comes to loose stone so would be worth a try to ask them too!

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • MrsK
05-15-2014, 08:22 AM,
(05-15-2014, 06:54 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: Schubie's can source old cuts for you too! I know they have large network when it comes to loose stone so would be worth a try to ask them too!

Yes, and Beth just has such an eye for old cuts.

[-]
  •
05-15-2014, 09:14 AM,
Awesome! I will get in touch Smile