No FB OECs from C&C?
[-]
  •
05-18-2013, 06:56 PM,
No FB OECs from C&C?
I was poking around moissanite.com and noticed they don't have any FB OECs anymore? Is that different? When I spoke with the eBay guy I used for my moissy, he had told me that C&C had no 8mm OECs in stock (before I decided to get an unenhanced from him).

Are they winding down the FB OECs in favor of the new rough? JooJoo's unenhanced OECs from C&C were pretty amazingly white, so does that mean they're just not doing FBs anymore? Or maybe their site just needs updating...

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-18-2013, 07:04 PM,
RE: No FB OECs from C&C?
I could be wrong since I've been out of the loop, but the girls have been talking about C&C probably replacing their FBs permanently with the new rough. So I would guess they are not planning on restocking? It looks like all the cuts are out of stock for the most part...hopefully that is a sign they will be rolling out the new rough sooner rather than later!

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-18-2013, 07:13 PM,
I think they have been of the larger sizes of FB OEC for a couple of months now. Last I heard, they were just behind on cutting.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-18-2013, 08:33 PM,
Ah, gotcha. I wonder if they'll identify the stones that are made from the new rough so we know what we're getting.

[-]
  •
05-18-2013, 09:09 PM,
they are way behind in cutting new stones so there will be a backlog for a while. The older FB will eventually be phased out by the new rough. I imagine standard unenhanced stones will be as well.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-19-2013, 12:32 AM,
Gah, I'm so confused as to when to buy my stone! I want the whitest OEC possible (I know, not asking much lol)....

Is the new rough (unenhanced I presume) whiter than fb enhanced? Will serenity enhance the new rough on their own? So many questions.... Only time will tell I suppose.

[-]
  •
05-19-2013, 09:43 AM,
Companies can use Serenity as a third party enhancement with the new rough if they desire.

Beth said some of the stones they have been ordering are super white. She does not know if they are new rough or what, but as they catch up, I think all moissy will be better and better.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
05-19-2013, 12:20 PM,
I got an email from Randy McCullough last week and he said some stones from the new rough are on Moissanite.com

This was the link he sent, now I'm not saying they are definitely the new rough but that was what the email implied.

http://www.moissanite.com/shop/gemstones...-012-366ct

[-]
  •
05-19-2013, 12:22 PM,
(05-19-2013, 12:32 AM)dreamingofbling Wrote: Gah, I'm so confused as to when to buy my stone! I want the whitest OEC possible (I know, not asking much lol)....

Is the new rough (unenhanced I presume) whiter than fb enhanced? Will serenity enhance the new rough on their own? So many questions.... Only time will tell I suppose.
My understanding is that the intention was to roll them out in full force after the Vegas gem show in June. I would wait until late summer.

[-]
  •
05-19-2013, 02:38 PM,
Oh interesting! Hmm I remember JooJoo posted photos of her new stones from C&C and they seemed extra white. Maybe they were made from the new rough.

Makes me want to exchange my 8mm. I think I still have time...