Noooooo Canucks help
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 07:49 PM,
Star  Noooooo Canucks help
Ever had this happen?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I don't typically ship jewelry but I really wanted this for a bridal thing on Thursday. Anyone ever experience this?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 07:52 PM,
RE: Noooooo Canucks help
Yes, all the damn time, lol. Call Jen tomorrow and make sure she knows. She will need to submit more form and prove the *exact* value, but it will clear.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 07:55 PM,
Crapola.....I bought it used off the bistro I just sent it for a cleaning and repair, will they do that even if I didnt buy it from them? how long does it delay it? wouldve been here in the am if they didnt flag it goshdarnit!!

[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:01 PM,
no idea. I don't know what they will do if they did not make the ring. It always delays it a day for 2 for me.. What isthe value? Is it easy to prove?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:04 PM,
of course ugh..I wonder if I call fedex if thatll help..i was so excited for like an hour...idk it was a bistro purchase ive never had this issue not sure what theyd be looking for

[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:18 PM,
Well, if it looks like it costs more than what it is insured for they flag it. Fedex will not release it without an itemized commodities report for the exact value of the piece and all it's parts. Since Schubbies did not make it, they likely just wrote down 14k/moissy ring or whatever. Did you say to declare a certain value? If you said to declare the value you paid, not the actual value, that is why it is flagged. Technically, even on used things, you have to pay the taxes on the full value. And fedex and other importers are pretty good at determining this.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:22 PM,
Ya that's why it's flagged

But I thought I paid tax on what I actually paid not what it's worth Undecided who's the judge on used values anyway?! I didn't get an appraisal and they don't sell that size moissy in that shape anymore...no idea how I'm going to get it out of there and I'm guessing I won't have it in time now. No idea what their value would be. The scrap and used moissy value is about what I claimed.

I called FedEx they said they submitted a ticket and I'll get a call in the morning

[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:36 PM,
Yeah, I am not sure... But you have to pay taxes on the total import value. If schubbies has to isure an itemized appraisal it will take more time.

As for value, it is not scraped, it is assembled, so you have to account for labour charges as well.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM,
Thanks Jen hopefully I can get it squared away tomorrow

[-]
  •
09-02-2014, 08:44 PM,
Good luck! This is what apparently happened with the diamond eternity I bought. I returned it because a stone was missing when I got it. I guess it was held up in customs forever and the store that sold it had to jump through a gazillion hoops proving a. what it was worth, b. what I paid, c. their VAT number, d. the name of their cousin's dog, etc.