OEC Bezel Vine Ring
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • SparkleFactor
07-31-2014, 11:04 AM,
OEC Bezel Vine Ring
I gasped! Yes I did! I asked for photos before he leaves on holiday.
I have pined after this ring since ED sold hers last summer. I should've made it long ago!
Thanks to @EarthDiva for tweaking the design and to @smarie for trying to make hers work for me...
8mm unenhanced OEC moissy. X-1 14kt unplated white gold.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I love the blackened hands holding it! Real working artist hands. Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:10 AM,
RE: OEC Bezel Vine Ring
Jawdrop That is so pretty! Congratulations! Cheer

Who is making it? Same as ED's or is that DK?

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:15 AM,
@SparkleFactor I used the original jeweler. It was his design after all... Blush

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:18 AM,
(07-31-2014, 11:15 AM)Slick Wrote: @SparkleFactor I used the original jeweler. It was his design after all... Blush

I only thought it might be DK because he is going out of town soon.

That's awesome! I read about that jeweler also, and am curious how your experience is with him when all is said and done. I like his ethics ... Not to say I don't like the ethics of others and our TFL lovely jewelers lol. His site is just very personable; I liked that. Smile

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM,
@SparkleFactor Yes, funny it seems like August must be a slow jewelry month for regular people, but for us it never ends! Crackup

He has been great to work with thus far! So happy to use jewelers out of my backyard who do nothing besides sizing.

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM,
It already looks gorgeous! How high will it sit off your finger, @Slick? Please refresh my memory—what tweakage did @EarthDiva do to the design, and was that done at the bench's end or an aftermarket tweak? Heart

I'm also curious to hear what this designer is like to work with 'cause he's in Canada (gasp!) and if there was a design I liked, there wouldn't be the hassle of cross-border shipping/duties/insurance, etc. Shy

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:26 AM,
Jawdrop Jawdrop BananaBananaBanana

@Slick - omg!!!! I looooove it! Gah!!! My favorite ring, ever. Truly. It is going to look amazing on you and how special that it is hand forged by a real artist/metalsmith. That is something very unusual that precious few ever experience and I think the blood/sweat/tears/care that goes into making something like this can be seen and felt in the finished piece. There is nothing wrong with a stock piece of jewelry (have lots and love 'em) but this is just special. Thanks for sharing pics with us!

p.s. I love the dirty hand pics, too!

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 11:36 AM,
@EarthDiva thanks so much for sharing in my excitement. You always say the right thing! Lady, how come you're not professionally writing again? (Oh yeah, kids). I am so excited and wanted to urge him to finish before he leaves, my payment might help his vaca, but I don't want him to rush it!
@CricketBug All I remember is that ED worked with him to change it up a bit. I did too, but then decided to leave it as is, as I thought it was perfect! I'm not sure how high it will sit exactly, but seeing how low the culet will be, I imagine not too high.
He is great. He sent a lot of cads showing how it would sit with the DK engraved band I have. His response time is excellent as well.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • SparkleFactor
07-31-2014, 11:38 AM,
(07-31-2014, 11:25 AM)CricketBug Wrote: It already looks gorgeous! How high will it sit off your finger, @Slick? Please refresh my memory—what tweakage did @EarthDiva do to the design, and was that done at the bench's end or an aftermarket tweak? Heart

I'm also curious to hear what this designer is like to work with 'cause he's in Canada (gasp!) and if there was a design I liked, there wouldn't be the hassle of cross-border shipping/duties/insurance, etc. Shy

I have had very positive experiences with Gaelen. Good communication, he is honest and deals well with persnickety type A lunatics such as myself. Smile From what I recall, the ring design was shorter and squatter originally and I had him take the shank proportions from a different ring and morph it into this design and we raised the profile up a big to make it a bit taller and more graceful than the original. He was great about tweaking the CAD's until I was happy. HTH.

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 12:55 PM,
I have always loved this design!!! Looking forward to hand shots!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website