OEC Moissanite Stones - Do Solitaire Settings allow more sparkle?
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 07:07 PM,
OEC Moissanite Stones - Do Solitaire Settings allow more sparkle?
Hi ladies!
I would like to know your opinions...
Do you think that OEC Moissanite stones sparkles more when they are set on a solitaire vs a halo or side stone setting?

I have been looking at OEC stones pics and videos on solitaires and they seem to sparkle more that other settings. I also notice that they sparkle a lot less on bezel settings.
I am crazy?
Do you ladies see this also?

I have been thinking on replacing the OEC stone on my Bella for my RB and setting the OEC on a solitaire. I just want to know if that the setting would make a difference on the way the OEC moissanite sparkles.

I know that a lot of different details on the stone makes a difference, my question is in general.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM,
RE: OEC Moissanite Stones - Settings
Might be - my ring lets to s of light to the stone which might account for it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • Dragonfly
05-14-2013, 07:55 PM,
RE: OEC Moissanite Stones - Do Solitaire Settings allow more sparkle?
My solitaire is pretty darn bright and Michele may be right about the amount of light it receives.

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 08:50 PM,
I think that's true, to a varying degree for all stones. I had an asha rb in a halo in when I took it out of the setting and saw it loose the sparkle was unreal.

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 08:57 PM,
Thank you ladies!
My OEC on the Bella sparkles but when I compared it to a loose one, the sparkle on the loose stone was way more that the one set on the Bella.

Do you think I should switch the stones?
Set the OEC on a solitaire and the RB on the Bella?
I know the RB sparkles like crazy on any setting.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 09:12 PM,
I do think a solitaire maximizes the sparkle. Seeing the videos of Isis -- I can totally tell my Jules doesn't quite sparkle the same. She's still plenty sparkly but not quite the same as when I had the loose stone in the stone holder.

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM,
(05-14-2013, 09:12 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: I do think a solitaire maximizes the sparkle. Seeing the videos of Isis -- I can totally tell my Jules doesn't quite sparkle the same. She's still plenty sparkly but not quite the same as when I had the loose stone in the stone holder.

That is what I notice, not only with the Isis, but with Jcent and other solitaries. I get a 9MM OEC and returned it the same day or I would keep it (I am a very bad girl). I the I got today was also unenhanced and gorgeous but on the ring holder it sparkles more than the one on my Bella. I decided to research on the web and notice that the Moissanite OEC on solitaires sparkles a lot more that other setting.

I love the one on my Bella, I never saw it loose, but I have the feeling that it will sparkle a lot more if it would get light from the sides.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 10:21 PM,
I am opening a new Thread to attract the experts that had or still have both settings for OEC.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 10:22 PM,
(05-14-2013, 09:12 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: I do think a solitaire maximizes the sparkle. Seeing the videos of Isis -- I can totally tell my Jules doesn't quite sparkle the same. She's still plenty sparkly but not quite the same as when I had the loose stone in the stone holder.

Lorrissey your input means a lot since you saw your stone loose.
Thank you.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 10:34 PM,
Calling Jenncent and all ladies on the forum - I need help!!!
Hi ladies! This thread is intended for the ladies that have seen or notice what I mention below, but please feel free to post any comments. Please be truthful Smile

I have notice that the OEC Moissanite set on solitaires show more sparkle than does set on halos or bezels or other type of setting that covers the sides of the stone. I have research the web and I see the same over and over. I see that bezels and halos take sparkle away from this particular stone.

Please be kind and answer a few questions that I have, I will be making a very important decision based on your comments and answers.

Do you see OEC Moissanite sparkle more on solitaires (open solitaire style that allows light to hit the stone from different sides?

What have been your experience?

This is my original post
http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=1356

"Don't worry, be happy!"