OEC love/hate
[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 03:57 PM,
OEC love/hate
I know most of us on here adore the OEC but I don't think I'm feeling it. I do love the aesthetic appearance of it - the chunky facets, small table and high crown. Oh swoon!!! The moissy RB cut is so horrible looking in the cut, so flat and blah. However, my RB goes gangbusters sparkling and throws rainbows like crazy.. My OEC, not so much. What's wrong with me? Sad Is it my lighting?

What do you love about the OEC over RB?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM,
RE: OEC love/hate
My RB moissy is too sparkly, lol. One day I was wearing my ring in the sun, and it was blinding...like actually blinding me with rainbow, disco ball sparkle. It is just rainbows and insanity, and too un-diamond like to me. I love moissy for what it is, but actually find the sparkle of diamonds prettier. My OEC is much more diamond like in sparkle. It is calmer and more relaxed in sparkle. But that is just me. Others love the intense sparkle of the RB. I also love my cushion moissy though. It sparkles a lot, but is not insane.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 04:18 PM,
My OEC Amora is super sparkly in sunlight or supermarket lighting. The rest of the time she is happy to just sit and look pretty but understated. I have had an OEC diamond before and it behaved in the very same way. I've never seen a RB Moissanite in person but i'd like to Smile

[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 04:42 PM,
My OECs are like Shelley's. I have some small rbs. They sparkle a lot more. The big rbs are too much for me.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 04:49 PM,
Yeah, I agree 100% with jenn. My oval Moissy was way too glittery and sparkly. It looked very fake IMO. Not at all like my mom's diamond oval.

[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 04:53 PM,
If I'm in a restaurant or a jewelry store the OEC is amazing. Other times it's very subtle, not exciting - but lovely. I went out to dinner with co-workers once and was wearing an RB 7mm pendant, it started disco balling so much that everyone was starring at it and saying "wow, it's just so bright." Because it was a short chain I couldn't tuck it under my shirt or turn my hand (as with a ring). It was actually embarrassing because people wouldn't stop talking about it and it was blinding.

[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM,
Wheeee! I am the over-the-top disco ball! Hahahaha, I love my RB to pieces. As long as there's only one. I can NOT wear both of my Moissy rings at the same time, left and right hands. Not even around the house by myself. It makes me feel like a drag queen.

In addition to my "limit one per customer" policy, I also can't go too big without feeling overly flashy. My 7.5mm cushion makes me self-conscious because of its size -- I call it my hockey rink. It's been a few months and I'm still trying to be ok with it out in public and haven't quite gotten there yet. But my 7mm and 7.5mm RBs, which have a lot less surface area, are my sweet spot and they make me giddy with sparkle joy. They are just about my most favorite things in the world, right next to my air conditioner and my IUD that took away my periods. Big Grin

The OEC that I had for a while bounced a ton of light. It was just that instead of 100 little flashes, it put out 10 big flashes. It wasn't so much a case of less light play, it just wasn't as lively, if that makes any sense. Using the disco ball analogy, I thought the OEC was more like a spotlight with a honeycomb filter on it, giving off lots of light in its own right but in big pieces. Am I trying too hard here????

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM,
After reading MoreSparkles comment about restaurant lighting, I had DH take me to The Outback for a really late dinner. I think he was slightly annoyed when I pulled my bling out of my purse after we got there but I had to do my due diligence!!! I cleaned the OEC before we left, btw. Anyhow, it was phenomenal in the restaurant! It actually put my RB to shame!!! Then we went to blockbuster and the RB was not very active in there but the OEC had a decent amount of pastel colors. I fell in love. I must be really fickle or maybe it was the lighting or cleaning the stone but after tonight, I finally understand more! Smile. I'm usually home all thetime and the lighting here does nothing for the OEC btw, so I'm going to make more of an effort to wear that ring out and also clean it.

[-]
  •
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM,
lol! I am glad you got to see it perform better.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-13-2013, 06:24 AM,
My OEC does get dirty much faster than the RB.

I'm so glad that my comment helped you! Funny enough, the girls I work with love going out to TGI Fridays. The lighting there is jewelry central. Just yesterday one of the doctors came with us and was oogling my OEC in the restaurant. The OEC is magical there!