OEC moissy compared to Old cut diamonds - CALLING GINGER
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM,
OEC moissy compared to Old cut diamonds - CALLING GINGER
Today I was looking down at my ring wondering if the sparkle it displays is at all similar to old cut diamonds. Don't get me wrong I love my moissy, but I would love to know how it compares to diamond OECs or other old cuts. I ask because I am still lusting after the vintage 5 stone on Jbeg's site and I'm curious as to whether a moissy 5 stone will suffice or if only a diamond can hit the spot. When I was in the jewelry store looking at the vintage 3 stone, that ring was a light show!! It really sparkled well in the lighting of the store. I sort of tried to compare my OEC to the diamonds, but since I was in a hurry and the sales lady seemed less than thrilled to let me play with the merchandise I didn't want to take too much of her time.

I called Ginger specifically because she has the same size moissy OEC that I do and she has a diamond 5 stone. I figured she could give us a rundown of who wins the sparkle contest. If there is anyone else who has seen both in person or owned both would like to chime in I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 06:59 AM,
RE: OEC moissy compared to Old cut diamonds - CALLING GINGER
Just my silly 2 cents, KJMM had a 1.25 OEC diamond and 8mm Amora OEC -she said that looking at the two of them next to each other they looked almost identical. I also like to say that to make myself feel better Smile

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 09:26 AM,
My OEC and OMC diamonds are small, but I would say they sparkle about the same as my moissy OEC. It's actually why I have always preferred them to the moissy RBs. The RBs sparkle more than diamond and are a very glittery sparkle where as the the old cuts are identical to actual old cuts. the big flashes of color and sparkle.

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM,
Thanks ladies!! That makes me feel good to know that the sparkle is the same. Now that I know that, I'm thinking that a 5 or 3 stone would sparkle more than a solitaire because the light is catching each one differently. Thoughts on that?

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM,
(12-24-2012, 09:33 AM)WishingAndHoping Wrote: Thanks ladies!! That makes me feel good to know that the sparkle is the same. Now that I know that, I'm thinking that a 5 or 3 stone would sparkle more than a solitaire because the light is catching each one differently. Thoughts on that?

I think this would be true which is why I am planning to use OECs in my graduated 5 stone ring.

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM,
I think the more stones you have, the more sparkle you'll get. Big Grin

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 10:56 AM,
(12-24-2012, 10:34 AM)MrsK Wrote: I think the more stones you have, the more sparkle you'll get. Big Grin

That makes so much sense! Why didn't I think if that before?!? Lol

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM,
cWhen I wore my moissy oec to one of the high end antique jewelry stores in Seattle they went gaga over it and started showing me all their big oecs from the case.... they were bea[/size]utiful and imo looked exactly like my moissy.

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 02:37 PM,
Thanks MissKK, that is so nice to know!

[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 02:48 PM,
The only bad thing imo... and its a silly thing to complain about but to me the oec looks like its cut almost to perfect compared. but maybe its just me. The ladies at the shop didn't even question it. I had a diamond and they thought I had the $$$$!