OEC vs Cushion sparkle?
[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 09:46 AM,
OEC vs Cushion sparkle?
Can you ladies provide me with some insight? I've been stalking your videos and am starting to think that I might like an OEC in my setting even better than a cushion. I've heard the cushion cut moissanites described as "splintery" in terms of sparkle, which I'm pretty sure is NOT what I'm going for.
In case you haven't all seen it (I'm sure you have, sorry to spam everyone), this is my setting.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 10:05 AM,
RE: OEC vs Cushion sparkle?
I only go for RBs usually, but I saw OEC diamonds IRL - my mother in law has a few, and I like them a lot. But OEC Moissies I saw sparkle even more and they are just gorgeous. I think OEC Moissies are sooo beautiful and they have chunkier flashes of fire than cushions or RBs for sure. I don't like square shaped stones anyway, so my choice would be OEC all the way. It would compliment the antique-y look of the ring too. Besides, out of all the other cuts Moissy looks most like Diamond in that cut IMO.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:01 AM,
(10-18-2013, 10:05 AM)sparkletiger Wrote: I only go for RBs usually, but I saw OEC diamonds IRL - my mother in law has a few, and I like them a lot. But OEC Moissies I saw sparkle even more and they are just gorgeous. I think OEC Moissies are sooo beautiful and they have chunkier flashes of fire than cushions or RBs for sure. I don't like square shaped stones anyway, so my choice would be OEC all the way. It would compliment the antique-y look of the ring too. Besides, out of all the other cuts Moissy looks most like Diamond in that cut IMO.

That's so reassuring! I really love the way AVCs look but obviously cushion moissanites look more like cushion modified brilliant cuts, not AVCs. I think an OEC will look better in this setting too! Plus the fact that it looks more "diamond like" will be an attractive feature to my SO, who really wanted to get me a diamond center stone.

[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:09 AM,
I've never seen a moissanite cushion in person but I would think for the purposes of this ring that an OEC would be a great fit. Just make sure you love the stone before it's set. If you can, order it and get your eyes on it first. I was very suprised that I didn't love a perfectly cut OEC. I tried a few times, but for whatever reason (and this is TOTALLY a personal thing) I prefer them shy of "perfect." I wanted to love the cut but I don't.

Hide

Different strokes for different folks and alla that. Plenty of people adore them but as with any stone it's best if you can see it before you set it.

[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:14 AM,
(10-18-2013, 11:09 AM)stardust Wrote: I've never seen a moissanite cushion in person but I would think for the purposes of this ring that an OEC would be a great fit. Just make sure you love the stone before it's set. If you can, order it and get your eyes on it first. I was very suprised that I didn't love a perfectly cut OEC. I tried a few times, but for whatever reason (and this is TOTALLY a personal thing) I prefer them shy of "perfect." I wanted to love the cut but I don't.

Hide

Different strokes for different folks and alla that. Plenty of people adore them but as with any stone it's best if you can see it before you set it.

Thanks! Did you purchase your loose from MoissyCo, Schubach's, C&C, moissaniterus on ebay?

[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:22 AM,
I've never owned a moissy OEC. Smile I've owned OEC sims and a friend of mine bought an OEC moissy and it's stunning....but not for me.

[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:25 AM,
wait no-I DID have an OEC moissy! It was off the bistro though and I don't know where it came from originally. I didn't love it-I talked to the seller before hand (it was someone I knew from BTD) and she knew I was on the fence. I didn't keep it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • stardust
10-18-2013, 11:30 AM,
I think an OEC would be perfect! I had a FB one purchased from MoissyCo and it was lovely. VERY sparkly! With your setting I think it would work beautifully.

[-]
  •
10-18-2013, 11:54 AM,
I say Cushion Moissanite over OEC.. while I LOVE a OEC from afar...and admire them on everyone else.. on me.. I dislike them..:-(.....the chunky flashes of light just don't do it for me..;-). I'm a Sparkle Junkie!...... so the Bling from a cushion is preferred by me.. we all have different tastes.....:-))

[-] The following 1 user Likes musician32992's post:
  • LaurieLee
10-18-2013, 12:10 PM,
(10-18-2013, 11:54 AM)LaurieLee Wrote: I say Cushion Moissanite over OEC.. while I LOVE a OEC from afar...and admire them on everyone else.. on me.. I dislike them..:-(.....the chunky flashes of light just don't do it for me..;-). I'm a Sparkle Junkie!...... so the Bling from a cushion is preferred by me.. we all have different tastes.....:-))

Now I think I have to order both! Can't wait for my SO's reaction; "You want me to order TWO $500 stones? TWO?