Obsessed with bezel rings
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsFloppy's post:
  • stardust
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM,
Obsessed with bezel rings
I don't know what my problem is but all I can think of is that I want a bezel ring now! Lol. What sounds good in theory is an OEC with a delicate bezel with milgrain and then channel set sidestones. Lots of sparkle action but everything is secure and safe so I can wash dishes or play ball with my kids. Yes, I'm a rebel like that. I can't seem to find exactly what I'm envisioning though.

Fits specs but blah. This one shows what I described but it lacks in something. I wish I could pinpoint it but I am not keen on it.

And I love the look of James Meyer bezels but I'm just not a solitaire girl and I am afraid I'd be disappointed in it. I stare at Rainydaze's ring several times a day, but since I know I find the standard tiffany solitaire not to be my style, would I feel the same way about this setting if I bought it?

And because being indecisive is what I do, I also love this VC Ring and of course both of these SS bezels 2nd and 3rd down

I need to find my Cinderella's slipper when it comes to bezels. Wink

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM,
RE: Obsessed with bezel rings
I am a bezel whore. I love them. I can't say enough wonderful things about a bezeled stone. Seriously. But yes, you need to find YOUR bezel.

That VC ring is to freaking die for. I have never seen it before-I'm in LOVE. What a lucky girl!!!!!

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 10:54 AM,
Ack! So pretty! I love my bezel oec I don't wear it much but it's so wearable! I do suggest you get an enhanced stone though I think bezels make the stone show more color otherwise. At least I think mine dose but I live in the Pacific Northwest .

[-] The following 2 users Like KendaKarats's post:
  • Mamacass77, stardust
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM,
(03-26-2013, 10:53 AM)stardust Wrote: I am a bezel whore. I love them. I can't say enough wonderful things about a bezeled stone. Seriously. But yes, you need to find YOUR bezel.

That VC ring is to freaking die for. I have never seen it before-I'm in LOVE. What a lucky girl!!!!!

HEY I thought I was the only bezel whore on here? Dodgy I like to say "bezelbezelbezel" and then wear one LoveLove oops.

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM,
SCOOT OVER MISSY! We'll be sharing this bench as we screech at everyone to get offa our lawn!

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM,
Lol

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:57 AM,
I adore my bezel. It is SO easy to wear. Unlike MissKK, I don't see any difference in the color or brightness of my Moissanite now that it's bezeled. But mine is Amora-ized, and that may be why?

The VC setting with the french cut sides is one I've had in my Wishes and Greed folder for years now. It is simply perfection. But we all know that french cuts, not to mention big ones, are cha-ching. If you like that tapered french cut look, what about doing it in affordable gemstones? Here's a sapphire example -- it's a 1920 antique selling via Single Stone.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here is a Sholdt setting that might make a good addition to your pool of inspiration pieces. If you closed the bezel and then engraved and/or milgrained the shank, I picture what you described in words at the start.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 12:00 PM,
I am fixin' to post a diamond bezel aquamarine ring in a few mins Smile (yes, fixin' to is a real word here)

It ain't no moissy...but it sure does sparkle!!!

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 01:23 PM,
I'm a bezel queen too.

I'm in love with that VC ring. My only issues with the tapered FC rings is that they never seem to go well with a band and I prefer the married look. But I am pretty obsessed with them, so maybe I'll get over the band thing some day and just get one.

I do like the SS one a lot as well. Gorgeous details and design. <-- Maybe you can design something similar.

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 01:29 PM,
(03-26-2013, 01:23 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: I'm a bezel queen too.

I'm in love with that VC ring. My only issues with the tapered FC rings is that they never seem to go well with a band and I prefer the married look. But I am pretty obsessed with them, so maybe I'll get over the band thing some day and just get one.

I do like the SS one a lot as well. Gorgeous details and design. <-- Maybe you can design something similar.

I love the band (married) look as well Lorrissey!!