Oh no! Do I sell or not?
[-]
  •
04-14-2014, 12:32 PM,
Oh no! Do I sell or not?
I posted a short time ago about my little bullet diamonds that I fell in love with. Also, my concern that I wouldn't be able to find a ring style to incorporate all five stones. I put the pair of earrings with the OEC's in them (that I LOVE those stones) up for sale after placing the bullets on layaway. I have an offer and part of me says sell and other part says NO. I have one more year of college left, student loans and a car payment (so of course insurance as well). I am scared to death that I will move down to Texas and not be able to find a job (even though I have an excellent work history, GPA, and internship). Basically, I am scared for the future and as badly as I want to do something special for my graduation (I'm not a traditional student and have overcome many obstacles to be here) I feel like I am being so irresponsible. On the other hand, I own two rings, three pairs of earrings, and one pearl necklace. This ring would be worn every day as I am not the kind of person to change out my jewelry (it stresses me out to spend so much money on something that sits in a box most of the time).

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-14-2014, 01:13 PM,
RE: Oh no! Do I sell or not?
well, will you wear the earrings, or use the stones in another way if you can't find a design to use them in your ring?

It also depends how much you are selling them for. Would the money pay a full months bills?? or is it not so much? I think having savings for when you move is important. Like you should have enough saved to live for a bit when you get there, just in case. But if you do, and love these, then I would not feel bad about keeping them.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-14-2014, 01:20 PM,
(04-14-2014, 01:13 PM)jenncent Wrote: well, will you wear the earrings, or use the stones in another way if you can't find a design to use them in your ring?

It also depends how much you are selling them for. Would the money pay a full months bills?? or is it not so much? I think having savings for when you move is important. Like you should have enough saved to live for a bit when you get there, just in case. But if you do, and love these, then I would not feel bad about keeping them.

I will have some saved for moving there Smile And it would be about a months worth so in the grand scheme of life, not all that much. I'm also trying to pick up a second job this summer to save as well. Guess I have hit that dreaded I'm graduating panic mode!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Sparkly Blonde
04-14-2014, 01:23 PM,
Well, a month of money for food, housing, and bills is a lot. So if it covers that much, I would probably sell them. But I do not like to be stressed about money. So I tend to have a few months reserved at all times.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-14-2014, 02:41 PM,
@Sparkly Blonde I saw those earrings. Gorgeous. They are a good deal, is the offer good? If the offer isn't good, I would say no rush to sell them. If it's really great, then it gets tougher. It is hard to find old cuts like that but no impossible. My guess is you could replace them in future if needed, though I know they wouldn't be the same.

[-]
  •
04-14-2014, 02:53 PM,
What Bluespawkles said.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparkly Blonde's post:
  • Bluespawkles
04-14-2014, 02:53 PM,
(04-14-2014, 02:41 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: @Sparkly Blonde I saw those earrings. Gorgeous. They are a good deal, is the offer good? If the offer isn't good, I would say no rush to sell them. If it's really great, then it gets tougher. It is hard to find old cuts like that but no impossible. My guess is you could replace them in future if needed, though I know they wouldn't be the same.

That was my thought as well but decided to sell. I figured if I was beating myself up that much then it was better to let them go.

[-] The following 2 users Like Bluespawkles's post:
  • Bling It On, Sparkly Blonde
04-14-2014, 03:05 PM,
@Sparkly Blonde Well then now is the time to just cheer up and think of those amazing bullets you have and rejoice in a little extra financial security! Ooh la la! Win win and you've made someone else very happy.

(04-14-2014, 02:53 PM)Sparkly Blonde Wrote:
(04-14-2014, 02:41 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: @Sparkly Blonde I saw those earrings. Gorgeous. They are a good deal, is the offer good? If the offer isn't good, I would say no rush to sell them. If it's really great, then it gets tougher. It is hard to find old cuts like that but no impossible. My guess is you could replace them in future if needed, though I know they wouldn't be the same.

That was my thought as well but decided to sell. I figured if I was beating myself up that much then it was better to let them go.

[-]
  •
04-25-2014, 06:39 AM,
(04-14-2014, 12:32 PM)Sparkly Blonde Wrote: I posted a short time ago about my little bullet diamonds that I fell in love with. Also, my concern that I wouldn't be able to find a ring style to incorporate all five stones. I put the pair of earrings with the OEC's in them (that I LOVE those stones) up for sale after placing the bullets on layaway. I have an offer and part of me says sell and other part says NO. I have one more year of college left, student loans and a car payment (so of course insurance as well). I am scared to death that I will move down to Texas and not be able to find a job (even though I have an excellent work history, GPA, and internship). Basically, I am scared for the future and as badly as I want to do something special for my graduation (I'm not a traditional student and have overcome many obstacles to be here) I feel like I am being so irresponsible. On the other hand, I own two rings, three pairs of earrings, and one pearl necklace. This ring would be worn every day as I am not the kind of person to change out my jewelry (it stresses me out to spend so much money on something that sits in a box most of the time).

If you are selling them for what you paid for them or more, sell them. If not, ask for what you paid for them ao you don't lose money.