Opinions Please
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 02:10 AM,
Opinions Please
I am about to order an eternity band. I know mostly what I want but there is one component missing. I want 14k white gold and 3.5mm round FB moissy stones. The only thing I don't know is the style. I'm not sure about a four prong mounting vs a shared prong. Can you help with my decision? Do you have one or the other and, if so, why did you choose it? The price is practically the same so that's not a factor. I would love to not make a mistake because I don't want to have to return it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 11:31 AM,
RE: Opinions Please
Shared prong is more pleasing to look at for some people, but has a greater chance of stone damage. So it depends on if you want to see less metal, or if you want to protect the stones as much as you can.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:00 PM,
I have never owned an eternity with a 4 prong setting, but I have had some full and half eternities with shared prongs. I prefer the look of the shared prong for myself. I feel as though the other type looks too bulky.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:03 PM,
Thanks, Jenn. I was hoping for more than one reply but maybe no one has an eternity band.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:05 PM,
I have the low set 2mm band 3/4 eternity. It is comfortable and blingy. I think the 4 pronger would not be as comfortable and have more metal showing. But like Jen said it would be more secure.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:07 PM,
Sorry, MrsK. We were posting at the same time. I think I'm going with the shared prong. Less metal. I'm not very hard on my jewelry so I'm not too afraid of protecting the stones.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 06:44 PM,
FYI in case you were considering a half: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Moi...d-Eternity

[-]
  •
01-27-2014, 01:13 AM,
Sorry I am late with my reply. I have a 3/4 the Moissy eternity with 14 2 mm Moissies. It is shared prong but also channel set. Might be too much metal for many, but I like it cause of its security (I am clumsy and OCD about losing stones). It is still blingy enough for me:
[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

I also love @EarthDiva 's YG channel set milgrain Moissy eternity! That is definitely next on my list!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-27-2014, 05:33 AM,
I just bought a shared prong eternity. I like it quite a bit. Every other one of my eternity bands are channel set. This is a much more delicate look.

[-]
  •
01-27-2014, 10:23 AM,
@sparkletiger - the yg band would look fab with your stack! I'm clumsy and paranoid too, lol. If I were less of a spaz I'd do a shared prong.