Opinions on this OEC moissanite--I think it's a keeper!
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 11:59 AM,
Smile  Opinions on this OEC moissanite--I think it's a keeper!
A couple of days ago I got my FB 3 carat equivalent 9mm OEC moissy and I do notice that it’s pretty buttery in indirect light. I think it shows more color than I expected but I'm kind of loving it.

I’ve taken a couple of pics and a video in indirect light, but the weather has not been great here--it’s super dark and rainy--so I haven’t been able to take great pics. I took these a few days ago, in the afternoon. If I turn a bright light on and point it at my moissy it looks pretty colorless/steely and sparkles like woah. I can’t really capture it though because I was using my iphone’s flashlight. I might try to take a pic later.

In other news taking pics is hard because my phone seems to be bad at focusing on the moissy sometimes when I’m taking regular pictures too so I don't know if anyone has advice on that. I only have an old camera and it’s also bad at focusing. I did try!

I did get a couple of iphone pics and an iphone video in indirect light showing the stone and here’s a link to the video if you wanna see: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127583223@N03/15429765215 (I don't know how to link the video directly or make it bigger but I think you can download it if you want a larger view because should be public. Also, the green/blue things in the upper left hand corner are my fuzzy slippers because I had kicked them off. It's not a fuzzy fungus on the floor. Tongue)

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

In the second picture there's clearly less warmth overall, as can be seen by my skin color change too. I think the sun had gone behind the clouds or something.

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dancer's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 12:16 PM,
RE: Opinions on this OEC moissanite? Is it a keeper?
I love it, the teeny cute little culet, the flower petal facets on the outer edges, so pretty. Really really love the cut! I find when snapping pics with my iphone, i need to make it reeeally still so I steady it on a windowsil when snapping the pic. I can't get too close to the stone as the iphone won't focus that closely, so if it won't focus just keep backing up until it will (keep tapping the screen where you see the stone).

[-] The following 1 user Likes flower's post:
  • stardust
10-03-2014, 12:21 PM,
RE: Opinions on this OEC moissanite? Is it a keeper?
@"SparkleDancer" Thanks for the advice! I will have to try that.

Beth picked it so I feel lucky that she was able to get what looks like a good cut, though I am no expert at discerning cut. I was so worried about it having a fish eye look or the nipple poke out thing (looks like it in the photos but IRL it doesn't look like that thank goodness!).

I know moissies tend to be warm and I still have to admit that this one is warmer than I expected, but I honestly am loving it. The cutlet is teeny tiny and I'm thankful because I think I prefer a small cutlet.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissCassie's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 03:10 PM,
RE: Opinions on this OEC moissanite--I think it's a keeper!
Looks lovely to me! I have a tiny culet one too and it makes me very happy. The faceting has that lovely flower pattern everyone loves in an OEC too, so glad to see that while they are discontinued, at least there are some good ones left. Smile Congratulations on your pretty stone!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 03:34 PM,
I Heart it. It is so romantic looking! Yum! Oh, shotgun! Crackup

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 03:41 PM,
I love the buttery-ness, and the cut looks divine.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 03:44 PM,
Wow. The cut on that is incredible. Do NOT let that go. I adore the faceting and the culet. Beth is a freaking genius. I swear it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ArtdecoLover71's post:
  • flower
10-04-2014, 04:54 AM,
Beautiful!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-] The following 1 user Likes smarie's post:
  • flower
10-04-2014, 06:51 AM,
It looms like a keeper to me! Faceting is great.

[-] The following 1 user Likes wiigal's post:
  • flower
10-05-2014, 02:21 PM,
I think it's gorgeous and a keeper! The cut looks perfect. Even the color (despite being very very warm) looks charming.