Pawn Shop Finds!
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 07:58 PM,
Pawn Shop Finds!
I'm going to do this in three sections to keep everything straight. First up we have my original find. Five stone Leo Diamond band. Marked "The Leo" 14k .75 on the inside of the shank. Yellow gold shank, white gold bar setting for the stones. If you ever have the chance to buy a Leo diamond for a steal - DO IT! These stones are stunning. Sparkle like crazy (all of the photos in this thread were taken in my car at night with just the little orange overhead light on so not a lot of sparkle compared to better lighting). Profile shot was at the pawn shop. Size 8.5. I know it's not always kosher to post prices - but I figured it would give you guys a good idea of how fabulous pawn shops can be $350.

As a side note, Moissanite is pretty awesome, but I'm thinking that I'm a diamond girl. Especially in the Pacific NW where the weather changes constantly I like always having the bright white diamond instead of the moody moissanite.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM,
RE: Pawn Shop Finds!
Next up we have an Old European cut that I came across when I was picking up the Leo band. About 80 points according to the tag, but seems larger to me. Around an I color, VS clarity. Beautiful sparkler in 14k yellow gold. This one is off getting sized to a 10.5 for my middle finger on my left hand. $775

[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM,
The last three are ones that I thought my best friend would like. Her fiancee's ering budget is $300. All are between $199 and $299 asking price. Very pretty and sparkly.

[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM,
WOW! pretty!! I love that OEC especially.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM,
Wow, another great find! Score!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
10-24-2012, 09:28 PM,
ahh the OEC I love!! I need to find some good pawn shops.

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting prices. I think asking someone what something costs is tacky but if you want to tell people what you paid thats your own businesss!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparkly Blonde's post:
  • SyneSparkles
10-24-2012, 09:47 PM,
(10-24-2012, 09:28 PM)Cat Wrote: ahh the OEC I love!! I need to find some good pawn shops.

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting prices. I think asking someone what something costs is tacky but if you want to tell people what you paid thats your own businesss!!

Thanks Smile I feel like a lot of people truly don't realize what a steal you can get at pawn shops. There are some great ones out there that know their stuff and you pay for that knowledge which is why I always look for the ones that are more run down or hole in the wall type shops. Bring a bit of jewelry cleaner and a cloth in an eyeglass cleaner bottle and just state that it looks dirty and you want to clean it a bit. They usually don't give you a second glance. I do my best not to lead on as to my knowledge as well in hopes that they won't realize that I saw value where they didn't. Anyway, it's this fun slightly manipulative art of pawn shopping Tongue

[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM,
You got some great deals. I need to hang out at pawn shops once in awhile.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 06:10 AM,
(10-24-2012, 10:00 PM)MrsK Wrote: You got some great deals. I need to hang out at pawn shops once in awhile.

For real!

They are so pretty! I love the first of the bunch you got for your friend. It's so sweet! They're all pretty amazing though-good catches!

[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 06:43 AM,
I am TOTALLY GOING TO START STALKING PAWN SHOPS LOL!!!! Well....as soon as the ering is in hand....lol ! )

Sold on Schubach :)
Visit this user's website