Pearl Paradise Tahitian Sale - did you snag any? :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes magpie's post:
  • CricketBug
08-06-2014, 01:34 PM,
Pearl Paradise Tahitian Sale - did you snag any? :)
Ever since I saw the peacock drops that Pearl Paradise posted on their blog back in June, I've been bracing myself for the August sale. Wink Am I the only one here?

I snagged a strand of deeply colored peacock drops, ranging from 8.8 - 12.0mm. I was eyeing up a spectacular AAA strand, but through live chat I was able to get one of the service reps, EJ, to take a look at that one and this AA+/AAA side by side in natural sunlight. Since both purportedly looked "fantastic" and extremely similar in color, I went for the cost saving option. The official description for these babies promised fabulous luster, deep green body color, and peacock and aubergine orient. This marks the end of Magpie's Great Pearl Spree of 2014, and in fact, the last jewelry purchase I will make for myself all year. Angel

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
I am getting the necklace strung to a 16", down from the standard 18". Since I already have an 18" necklace, I wanted to try out a shorter length.

I requested that they shorten it by taking off the smallest pearls from the end and including them as loose pearls for me. Originally I hoped to order a 14k gold tin cup bracelet with those, but I wanted to be mindful of my financial reality and passed on it this time. Dodgy Instead I am going to see what I can figure out with the loose pearls... surely I can summon up the crafty skills to make a simple bracelet. If the colors compliment the pearls, I have a bunch of small faceted tanzanite rondelle beads that I could incorporate with the pearls in an elastic bracelet.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
I am also hoping that these will compliment my PoJ dangle earrings. The body color of this strand doesn't look green to me in the pictures, but it was described as green and I was told that it does look green in natural light. We'll see. My past experiences with buying Tahitians this year was that they looked better IRL than in the lightbox "glamour" shots, and that they're pretty true to verbal descriptions even when they photograph oddly.

Real life pictures coming up when the pearls arrive... which I hope will be within a week! Big Grin

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • stardust
08-06-2014, 03:26 PM,
RE: Pearl Paradise Tahitian Sale - did you snag any? :)
OOoh, so exciting!

I did look at all the lovely strands, but at the moment I am broke. Sad Plus I love the strand I have, and my only Tahitian 'need' is a round strand and some earrings. I will be waiting a while on that round strand!
I love the strand that you bought, and cannot wait to see it when you get it! Also looking forward to seeing your creativity with the spare pearls.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 03:54 PM,
Those are so pretty!! I love the colour!

I did not get any either... I had no idea there was a sale, but I tend to wear my lighter colours more anyway.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 03:56 PM,
Wow, I love the intense colors on yours!

I want another, but man....I love mine so much. Each one I pick is just like the one I already have. Cry

However there is one that stands out to me, so maybe....

[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 04:30 PM,
Magpie, What a beautiful strand. Those drop pearls are incredible. I hope you love them when they get home to you.

[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 04:34 PM,
Gorgeous, @magpie! I'm keen to see what they look like IRL—like, whether the colors show up as much or if the base color of the pearl is darker. So beautiful! Congrats!

I didn't go to the sale 'cause I've banned myself from further purchases for a while... Angel Wink

[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 06:13 PM,
Aaaaaaand, never mind.

I just found the most beauteous chair in the whole wide world and am ordering a pair of them.

Oh my god. I am suddenly one of THOSE people. Hide

[-]
  •
08-06-2014, 06:19 PM,
show us the chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-08-2014, 07:05 AM,
Wow! Those are amazing!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-08-2014, 07:22 AM,
I think my pearls will be shipping today! Happyrun If so I can expect them early next week.

Only a few pearls - probably 2 or 3 - were being removed to shorten the strand. Even the smallest ones on the ends are pretty long, being drop shaped pearls. Hmm. I'll probably have a bit of a challenge working out a good, DIY-friendly design for a bracelet. Otherwise they'll just end up sitting around until I can employ a professional, lol.

@OoohShiny Hehe... Tahitian "needs". Big Grin My wallet is blessed that I don't feel drawn to whole strands of perfect rounds - they just feel too formal for me.

@stardust Your strand is pretty fabulous - no wonder you're drawn to similar ones over and over! My other Tahitian necklace is completely different both color and shape - I made absolutely sure that this one would be a whole other look!