Pearly binge and a not-so-fun pearly moment
[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM,
Pearly binge and a not-so-fun pearly moment
Hi guys. So I went on a pearl binge this weekend. Reading the posts here and on pearl guide have made me really obsessed. I bought two strands from a wonderful member here second hand, and at least I know that will end well. I'm getting Belle's metallic dark purples and her rainbow ripple strand that was posted here. Yay new home for pearlies! Pics as soon as they arrive. Yay!
The other experience...not as good. I ordered two tahitian baroque strands (one I loved, one that seemed fun) Sunday night from a reputable online vendor. Long story short, I was charged for both, only one is coming (the one I cared less about, go figure), the other was a technical glitch, communication has been sparse from the vendor, and the refund for the unavailable strand is only just processing today after a call from hubs. Oh, and we found out today when he called that the necklace that is coming is still being processed (it's not custom) and will be shipping tomorrow. So I ordered it Sunday night with overnight shipping and it's going to be here Thursday.
Gadzooks...
Oh, and the refund (according to the email transaction confirmation they sent after hub's call) is for the wrong amount, so I had to try to get a hold of them to tell them they gave me fifteen bucks more than they should have. Yay...
Oh well. Mistakes happen. Is this par for the course in online pearl buying? This vendor came very very recommended, so it's a little... Hide.
I hope the pearls are stinkin' beautiful when they get here so I can just forget all of it and focus on that. I tend to bond really quickly with jewelry.
Vent over. Can't wait for my three new strands! BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 03:50 PM,
RE: Pearly binge and a not-so-fun pearly moment
Sorry to hear about the online troubles! That would not please me either. But let's hope they are fab, because Tahitians are a real treat! I love mine!

I am excited to see all your goodies!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 03:54 PM,
Thanks Jenn! I hope they are nice. They are blue, so that's fun.

[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 04:28 PM,
(01-07-2014, 03:54 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: Thanks Jenn! I hope they are nice. They are blue, so that's fun.

oh that would make me SUPER mad. Angry

DO you have any photos of your strand that IS coming so we can drool in the meantime?

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • Bluespawkles
01-07-2014, 04:45 PM,
I wouldn't be happy with that kind of service either. It makes me wonder if it's the same online vendor that I won't buy from again after my experience with them.

Can't wait to see what you did end up with though!

[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 04:45 PM,
Hm...I'm hesitant to post the photos because it might give away the vendor, and I won't do that until I have the final outcome on how this all works out. Namely, the strand gets here.
But I screen capped the strand on their website and will show it if there is a good resolution to all of this. Either way I'll take photos of the strand when it gets here. Right now I'm just really unhappy with that vendor, and my husband is still trying to reach them to express his displeasure with the situation. They did say I could keep the extra 15 refund bucks that I pointed out were a result of a miscalculation...as compensation for the inconvenience caused by the website malfunction.
It's just nice to know that someone else would be mad too. Thanks @stardust.

[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM,
(01-07-2014, 04:45 PM)MrsK Wrote: I wouldn't be happy with that kind of service either. It makes me wonder if it's the same online vendor that I won't buy from again after my experience with them.

Can't wait to see what you did end up with though!

Thanks MrsK. I wonder as well. Sometimes it's worse when this happens when everyone else seems so happy with a vendor, because you wonder what is wrong with you when you aren't. I've had that happen with sparklies too. Or if maybe the people with bad experiences just aren't saying anything.
But this is my third order with this vendor, and the others were fine. Great, even. And my brother also ordered from them on my recommendation, so I'm hoping this is the odd situation out. Still stinks, though.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • Bluespawkles
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM,
It's tough. In my case, it was my first time doing business with that vendor. I think if I had good experiences prior to my first and only one, I would be more likely to give them a second chance.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Bluespawkles
01-07-2014, 07:26 PM,
I think, if it is who I think it is, that return clients get waaaayyy better treatment. Or super high ticket items.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-07-2014, 08:17 PM,
They called my husband back this evening. We are still working things out, I'll keep people posted. The pearls will actually be here tomorrow yay! Not sure how thngs changed but whatevs. I think with just about any business return customers get valued, but I wish more businesses realized that all new customers can potentially be repeat customers. I hope I can work things out with this vendor because I really do like their practices generally.