Pink Moissanite Questions
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM,
Pink Moissanite Questions
Will someone please tell me about pink moissy. How is it pink... is the treatment permanent/durable etc? How much does it cost? If there is info somewhere else I can read that would be good too. Especially if this has been covered so many times that you feel like banging your head off the nearest wall Big Grin

Thank you!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM,
RE: Pink Moissanite Questions
The pinks are coated, on the bottom of the stones. We are using a new lab for the barely pinks, but I am sure it is the same process as the rose pinks and peachy pinks from serenity. Those are the ones C&C is control of now.

It is permanent so long as you do not polish it off, or use high heat on the stone. I am not worried about mine at all, but whoever is working with it needs to know it is coated.

Feel free to pm me for prices. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM,
So in my normal life I couldn't polish the coating off by cleaning it? I do tend to clean my rings a lot and I use an electric toothbrush.

[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM,
No, you would need something abrasive. I think the electric tooth brush would be fine. I am not sure that type of scrubbing is necessary though, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM,
I know! You'd think I get my rings really mucky wouldn't you?! I think it stems back to when I got that oil slick thingy on my Amora and the only way to get it off was by scrubbing it with cleaning stuff and my toothbrush. I think I should be a bit more gentle in future Smile

[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM,
I have heard the gem care paste works to get that off. Smile I would use that if it got on mine. And vinegar, a little dish soap, and hot distilled water gets mine sparkling clean. That is my general clean once a week.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM,
I have ammonia for soaking my rings. (I mix it with water) Will that take the coating off a pink moissanite?

[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM,
no...but it is no good for metal. I think it makes it brittle, if I remember correctly.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM,
I will be careful then. Thats good to know Smile