Pink moissanite dilemma
[-] The following 1 user Likes Missfroggy's post:
  • mike_c
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM,
Heart  Pink moissanite dilemma
Good afternoon ladies! I need your help.

After years of wavering between all of the different moissanite options (size, color, enhanced vs unenhanced), and purchasing a few different rings, and not having a satisfactory relationship with moissaniteco we FINALLY decided on/received a 7mm round peachy-pink moissanite stone for my forever wedding set!

Words cannot describe how amazingly beautiful my stone is! Here's where the dilemma comes in......

I am currently working with Schubach's (mind-blowing amazing customer service) in designing a custom wedding set for me. I love Verragio-inspired designs (halos, scroll work, very detailed, side stones, etc) BUT I love the simplicity of a classic solitaire paired with an eternity band. Then you have the decision of white gold/platinum vs yellow gold.

May I have some experiences and opinions on what you ladies like and do not like with pink moissanite? Do you think it looks better in a certain type of gold? I'm so indecisive that it's driving me crazy.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM,
RE: Pink moissanite dilemma
With the peachy pink... I like white metal. I like platinum best because I have metal allergies and it has weight to it and is low maintenance.

I can't help you with the design dilemma. I have similar thoughts and an ever expanding collection so that I can have one of each, lol. Pink lends itself so well to feminine designs though...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Missfroggy's post:
  • JuBe
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM,
Thank you for responding. I've actually admired your beauties for well over a year on weddingbee and btd forums. You unknowingly sealed the deal for me when I sold my morganite diamond halo and purchased my pink moissanite. Your pieces are magnificent.

I feel like moissanite has been an addiction of mine for at least 3 years and I am ready to make a decision so I can stop obsessing. There are SO many options out there.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
01-24-2013, 03:50 PM,
In terms of your equal love for girly/frilly and plain/classic... I would suggest going for a simple solitaire for your 7mm pink, then dress it up with an intricate band or two. That would give you the best of both worlds, and you'd also have the versatility of dressing the solitaire up or down in the future. Plus, you can feed your ongoing addiction by adding new bands over time. You can change your look as often as you want without ever having to sacrifice your primary rock.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM,
I agree. I like white metals with the peachy pinks. and more floral designs with them. They're so feminine.

[-]
  •
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM,
Thank you so much!!

or... check out http://www.jackkelege.com/index1.html

You have to scroll through, but I am thinking something like kgr 1011L or kpr 550...esp 550.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM,
White metals look great...but I'm a fan of rose gold, too. Especially if you get something lacy and light.

[-]
  •
01-25-2013, 12:11 PM,
There is NOTHING I dont like about pink moissy!!

I love mine in white gold,..but I think its gorgeous in any metal of your chosing!

[-]
  •
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM,
Thank you ladies for the input.

[-]
  •
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM,