Pink sapphire eternity
[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 04:10 AM,
Pink sapphire eternity
Here is my recent eBay acquisition, the pink sapphire eternity band that the rest of you passed on.

I'm so pleased, this band is actually nicer than I expected!

The sapphires are a soft pink and although I've never seen a peachy pink moissanite in person, I'm betting this would be an all but dead match for it, excepting the fact that sapphires don't have the sparkle of moissy. The pink does disappear on my Irish-Swedish skin, and I can't decide if that's classy or a waste. The stones are nice and clear, and to the naked eye they are well set with no gaps between or raises/dips in height.

The milgrain is surprisingly nice. It's clearly machine-stamped and not hand etched, but it's super fine and subtle. At first glance the top almost looks more like a satin finish to the metal.

These pictures are the result of a photo shoot in the dead of night, so all hail the lame indoor lighting and blurry images. Woot These are awfully dark -- sorry! The cherry on the sundae is that my nails are au naturalé, polish stains and all. Ewwww.

Close up of the band alone:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Profile with eerie color funk:

With just my solitaire:

Adding my moissy eternity:

Changing order and adding my twist:

I didn't take any with my hammered band in the stack because it just doesn't fly as a set. It tips the scale of modern and the milgrain becomes such a black sheep that it looks dumb.

However, when I remove the solitaire, then I can integrate the hammered band. This will never happen though because I'm willing to go exactly zero days per year without a 7.5mm primary rock -- diva that I am and all. But it's fun to see pictures anyway, so here are the four bands in a couple different orders:

By the way, I always wear my twist ring on the outside, closest to my fingertips. It's a size 6.5 for security, while my others are 6.75 and 7 for comfort.

There you have it. I'm going to bed now, so you all have a whole bunch of hours where you can carry on uninterrupted by me. Smile

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 04:33 AM,
RE: Pink sapphire eternity
I really like it, Hadley! So happy you're impressed with it. A very nice addition to your stack.

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 06:18 AM,
I love the 4 together, but I get that you must wear the rock. An alternative would be the 4 on your right hand and then more shopping to get something for your moissy. Probably not what you had in mind but just a thought.
Or you could buy more pieces to stack with it on you RH.

I really like it though and it's a nice daily change up Wink

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 09:52 AM,
I love it! I think it goes well with your set. The 4 bands alone look great too.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM,
I love the little pop of color - it is really romantic!

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 10:39 AM,
Oh that is so pretty Hadley! I think it is a complement to your skin and you have beautiful hands!

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 11:25 AM,
So pretty! I love your stack!

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM,
pretty!

I know that the rings in your stack all have significance to you. Does this as well? Was it more an "I love it so I'm buying it" or was there a reason you were looking for another?

Inquiring minds...

[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM,
I think it looks great with you ring and moissy eternity!!! and with the added twist!! and great with all the bands too. I hope you keep it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM,
And if you decide don't want to keep it... SHOTGUN!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.