Pinky pink 'cause I'm bored AKA I love spinel!
[-]
  •
03-14-2014, 10:48 PM,
Pinky pink 'cause I'm bored AKA I love spinel!
Friday night and I'm being a bump on a log, so done with this week! So I'm enjoying my sparklies in the kitchen (best lighting in my house) and shot a quick iphone vid of my newest sparkly. It's a 10mm pink spinel, with 2 trillion cut white spinel sides, set in 10k yellow gold. It's my first 3 stone, my first spinel ring, my first pink ring, it's just all kinds of awesome Smile

It films as a more baby pink than it really is, in some lighting it's bubblegum pink, in other lighting it's a little more muted, it's sort of chameleon like. I'm just in awe at how much it actually sparkles though wow, it's close to the amount of sparkly my moissy oec throws off! I'll have to do better daylight vids comparing the two tomorrow or something. Anyway, if you're bored like me tonight, enjoy the vid Big Grin

When I got up close to the lens I was meaning to show off the fire and rainbows. Banana

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-14-2014, 11:24 PM,
RE: Pinky pink 'cause I'm bored AKA I love spinel!
@SparkleDancer love that ring! I have always had my eyes on pink spinels but didnt know that they could sparkle so much!
Thanks for the video. And if you ever decide to part with the ring, may I call shotgun? It is positively yummy!!!

[-]
  •
03-14-2014, 11:35 PM,
Sounds good ringcat Smile I loves spinels so much because they're hard enough for rings, they have a high sparkle factor (can't remember what rainbows/fire is actually called) and they are singly refractive (like diamond, the facets are super crisp) and apparently that's one of the biggest things I love about staring down into a stone Smile

I wish the vid turned out better, it was sparkling so much more to my eyes, but I guess that's what an iphone will do for ya!

[-]
  •
03-14-2014, 11:55 PM,
Wow that is really pretty! Love the size!

[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 12:19 AM,
I'm calling second shotgun after ringcat! I looooove it!

[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 01:47 AM,
Love it!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 05:33 AM,
(03-14-2014, 11:35 PM)SparkleDancer Wrote: Sounds good ringcat Smile I loves spinels so much because they're hard enough for rings, they have a high sparkle factor (can't remember what rainbows/fire is actually called) and they are singly refractive (like diamond, the facets are super crisp) and apparently that's one of the biggest things I love about staring down into a stone Smile

@SparkleDancer I love the sound of that!! Pinkbounce

[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 07:24 AM,
That is beautiful!! I love spinel!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 07:25 AM,
I waaannnananant that! where do you get this?? yes more vids, and pics too!! love this!

[-]
  •
03-15-2014, 07:30 AM,
That is gorgeous! I didn't realize spinels sparkled like that.