Popping In...
[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 08:37 AM,
Popping In...
I haven't been around much as of late...and as a result, have lost some access to the chit chat area, so I'm posting here. Wink

We just got back from Disney. Some of you may remember that I put my diamond fund towards this trip for my fam. So...most of my computer time has been spent planning that and not focusing on an upgrade that isn't going to happen for a bit. Wah! It was a big surprise for the kids. They thought we were dropping them off at school and ended up telling them before they got out of the car. Loved that! So much fun!

Anyway, I feel like I've missed so much! I'm dying to know... @jenncent, is your ring ready??????

PMR

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 09:27 AM,
RE: Popping In...
AWWW, that sounds like so much fun surprising your kids like that!! I am have been on much either, I am still really unwell with hyperemesis, so I have basically just been resting and focusing on staying hydrated. BUT, a few days ago Joe told me 10 days...give or take, so it will be done really soon!! That is plus shipping though, but it will def be soon! I am nervous though. My design was very specific, down to the mm, and with specific angles, so I am really hoping there that it comes together just right... Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 10:33 AM,
(10-24-2014, 08:37 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: I haven't been around much as of late...and as a result, have lost some access to the chit chat area, so I'm posting here. Wink

We just got back from Disney. Some of you may remember that I put my diamond fund towards this trip for my fam. So...most of my computer time has been spent planning that and not focusing on an upgrade that isn't going to happen for a bit. Wah! It was a big surprise for the kids. They thought we were dropping them off at school and ended up telling them before they got out of the car. Loved that! So much fun!

Anyway, I feel like I've missed so much! I'm dying to know... @jenncent, is your ring ready??????

PMR

what a wonderful treat for your kids. you are an incredible mom. <3

I want to hear more about your trip!

We are doing Disney next year for the first time and I'm already freaking out about it and trying to figure out how to get them to go without me. Hide

[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 11:12 AM,
(10-24-2014, 09:27 AM)jenncent Wrote: AWWW, that sounds like so much fun surprising your kids like that!! I am have been on much either, I am still really unwell with hyperemesis, so I have basically just been resting and focusing on staying hydrated. BUT, a few days ago Joe told me 10 days...give or take, so it will be done really soon!! That is plus shipping though, but it will def be soon! I am nervous though. My design was very specific, down to the mm, and with specific angles, so I am really hoping there that it comes together just right... Smile

So exciting!! I imagine that with more details in the design, there are more things to worry about coming together the way you envision it. I'm sure it will be divine and I can hardly wait to see it!,

Congrats, by the way! Hope the sickness eases as you progress in the pregnancy. Bighug

[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM,
It is not so much complicated, as it is precise. I wish I could be one of those people that was just "here is a picture, make it like this pretty much" but I am very detail oriented, lol. I am happy to have you wait with me though! Wink

@stardust I look forward to taking my kids to Disney! When I lived in Japan, I would go 5 or 6 times a year. And they have Disney Sea too. It is so fun, I know you don't like crowds though. But it really is a magical place.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 11:51 AM,
I live in Florida (an hour from Orlando) and we have not been to Disney World. Lol. I despise crowds. The kids never ask to go. We have been to Disney California many times and also Euro Disney in Paris. We are going to Universal next month though. It's hard for me to go to those types of places.

[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 12:07 PM,
(10-24-2014, 10:33 AM)stardust Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 08:37 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: I haven't been around much as of late...and as a result, have lost some access to the chit chat area, so I'm posting here. Wink

PMR

what a wonderful treat for your kids. you are an incredible mom. <3

I want to hear more about your trip!

We are doing Disney next year for the first time and I'm already freaking out about it and trying to figure out how to get them to go without me. Hide

@stardust , I did so much work for this and I would be happy to share. I have a pinboard.http://www.pinterest.com/lilsugarshack/disney-trip/

It was our eldests birthday. He thought his dad was leaving on business and requested a present opening before dad left. When we got to the school, we gave him a card...no signature, but I had written in CAPS: RIGHT NOW!! I directed him to the gift bag. He pulled out a tee shirt that read, "this kid is going to disney world". I had used the disney font and photoshopped mickey gloved hands pointing toward the neck hole. Haha. The boys went crazy! I had to explain to my 4 yo dd that we would be going to where the princess castle is and Minnie Mouse lives.

We also did all 4 parks and typhoon lagoon water park. We also took a day off from disney and did a fan boat ride and beach day. We had the hopper ticket but did not use it. There really is a full day in each park. The kids weren't super excited about the pavilions at Epcot...but I think, in part this was due to the spending so time on the other Epcot attractions that they weren't keen on the walking 'around the world'.

When are you going? I would look into special events occurring while you are there. It is halloween at disney, right now, so we did go to the mickeys not so scary party. While it was an extra expense, it was a great move as it essentially gave them access to all of the magic kingdom attractions without the heavy lines. MK closes the park, for these events, for only those with the party tickets! Also, take advantage of fast passes as soon as you get your tickets. I waited a bit longer on this so I was unable to get some of the fast passes we wanted. Though, I found some great touring plans that helped minimize wait times.

Will you be staying at a disney resort or offsite? We stayed at the Sheraton vista a resort...it was 5 min from disney.

When I have time later, I'll post some more organized thoughts and links to sites and apps I found most helpful (including what you should try to get passes for, which attractions don't require it). I'd also be happy to share my files, I created for my master disney binder.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • OoohShiny
10-24-2014, 12:11 PM,
I am another Disney hater. It is an evil empire, lol. When my teens were small we got in free (abc employee perk) and lived locally, so we would go all the time for a few hours here and there. If it got crowded, we were outta there. It was nice that way and not overwhelming. These days, we no longer have free passes and the last time we went was a 3-day extended catastrophe. If I go again I will require medication or a lobotomy. I also think Disneyworld is much better than Disneyland.

[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 12:51 PM,
Gah!! Im a Disney lover! If you dont like crowds,I would recommend the Halloween party. FAR less crowded. Aviod the summer, December and March. September and probably Feb. are probably the least crowded times. Just went at the end of Sept, 6 days and it was great. We always stay at a Disney hotel. Nothing like being able to jump on a bus and not have to drive the whole time. And it's great if you have young children, because you can go back to the hotel if they are tired.

[-]
  •
10-24-2014, 02:47 PM,
Welcome back!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.