Portuguese cut stones?
[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 10:56 AM,
Portuguese cut stones?
What do you ladies think of this cut? Have you seen it in person?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 12:25 PM,
RE: Portuguese cut stones?
I have. I'm not a fan, but its definitely better in person than in photos. I always disliked it in photos and then was at a jewelers and saw a pretty stone I like and was shocked when I picked it up and it was Portugese when I looked closer. The green and blue stones in this thread are examples of portugese cuts I like.
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-...70710.html
I tend to like it more in vivid colors. Otherwise I just think the cut is distracting and for me it sometimes overpowers the stone and all I see is the cut, if that makes sense. I like to just see a colorful, juicy stone, not be thinking about the cut. Maybe it's just me.

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 12:50 PM,
Thanks @Bluespawkles ! Some of those are pretty but I totally hear what you are saying about the cut possibly overpowering the stone. I'm really sensitive to "busy" design in general so I'm thinking this cut may not be for me.

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM,
Busy! That's exactly the right word. The ones I have liked somehow looked less busy. What stone were you wondering about in this cut?

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 05:30 PM,
(02-14-2014, 04:18 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: Busy! That's exactly the right word. The ones I have liked somehow looked less busy. What stone were you wondering about in this cut?

Geolite has some light pinky-orange pad sapphires and I really like the color but wasn't sure about the cut.

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 07:47 PM,
I have not seen one in person, but I'd like to. I like the flowery pattern of the cut.

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 08:10 PM,
(02-14-2014, 07:47 PM)MrsK Wrote: I have not seen one in person, but I'd like to. I like the flowery pattern of the cut.

It reminds me of a lotus.

[-]
  •
02-14-2014, 08:20 PM,
Yes! That is a good description of it.