Possible change out stone or not?
[-]
  •
01-02-2018, 01:02 PM,
Possible change out stone or not?
Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I have an 8mm Amora Moissanite H color, 'good' cut set in a 4mm platinum, comfort fit, tiffany style cathedral from BTD.  I bought this in 2013 and it's the only moissanite I've ever really seen in person.  I need to get the ring sized from it's current 8.5 to a 5.5 or a 6 (if even possible, I've emailed BTD to find out).  When I originally bought the ring I always planned on upgrading the stone, but I don't know where to start really.  What do you like as far as the newer options go, or prefer the older stuff?  I really appreciate any thoughts, opinions or being pointed in a direction to make a choice. 

Thank you!
KG

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-07-2018, 11:02 PM,
RE: Possible change out stone or not?
I’m sure it could be sized without issue. As for where to upgrade the stone I’m not sure. Are you wanting to replace it with a real diamond or another moissanite? Or did you want to upgrade the setting?

[-]
  •
01-08-2018, 12:13 AM,
RE: Possible change out stone or not?
Hi OldSchoolBling,

Thank you for response. I did hear back from BTD and they can resize it. I think I'm pretty happy with the setting, but I am wondering if I should consider upgrading the moissanite to a newer moissanite? Like I said, I haven't seen any other moissanite in person other than the one that I have. With it being an H color and a 'good' cut, would a newer stone knock my socks off? Whether it be an amora gem, an F1 or something similar.

Also, I'm somewhat confused...I've read that there are better cuts to highlight the moissanite than the H&A, which cuts in particular?