Prettiest lab rubies?
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 08:52 AM,
Prettiest lab rubies?
My mom has been searching for a good ruby for ages, and I'm trying to help her out. Plus her birthday is in a few weeks, and if it's not out of my price range, I was toying with the idea of getting her one.

Any recommendations for sources for really nice lab rubies that aren't too pricey? I checked one source for Chatham stones and the 8.5mm round was around $1,200, which seemed crazy to me (but what do I know).

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM,
RE: Prettiest lab rubies?
Does btd have any in stock? There are nice, and cheaper.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM,
They have a few. Do you know if the H&A style is worth the extra money, or are the regular cuts nice? I don't think of colored gemstones as being as sparkly as diamonds, so not sure if the H&A cut adds anything?

Those are def more within my price range. My mom likes the setting I'm designing, so I wanted to get a similar size/shape so she can get hers set with a ruby.

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM,
I have an asscher. it is lab grown and you can tell as there is no silkiness at all. But the colour is nice and there is no window that I have seen. If you want a round, I would get H&A, as the scintillation will be better, but I like the diamond cut in cushions a lot!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 09:42 AM,
She likes cushions, too - so pretty. I'll have to talk to Beth to see if that would work with the setting then. Thanks!

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 09:52 AM,
my pleasure! Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers