Pretty Pretty Pad
[-]
  •
06-16-2014, 09:01 PM,
Pretty Pretty Pad
Okay, I almost feel guilty acquiring this one, but only because I know the seller was collecting these to make something special down the road. But her circumstances changed and she offered this one up for sale to help offset vet bills for her dear kitty, and since I loved this one of the three when she posted it, and I knew the funds would her her furry friend, I took the leap. It is so pretty, more so than these pics can ever show. It literally glows, and fits the bill perfectly for my desire to round out my collection with something peachy-pink. It will be awhile until I can do anything with this since I want my other projects to be completed before I start a new one, but I couldn't pass this over.

It is really hard to capture the true color of this sapphire as it is a color changer, but that makes it all the more interesting. And for reference, here is the seller's thread with additional pics. This one is the baby of the family. Smile

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-17-2014, 12:27 AM,
RE: Pretty Pretty Pad
Chunky monkey! I love it. Will you put a halo around it?

[-]
  •
06-17-2014, 04:03 AM,
So pretty!
Will be intrigued as to what plans you make for this one Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
06-17-2014, 04:49 AM,
I seriously have no vision or plans for this one yet. About the only thing that has crossed my mind so far was flanking it with a pair of 1/4ct old mine cut diamonds I have for a 3 stone. It's just a smidge over 3/4 ct so the proportions would be nice, but just not sure yet. This one may go into a pendant for the time being until everything else is done and I can focus on ideas.

If anyone has chubby pear ideas/inspiration, please post away!

[-]
  •
06-17-2014, 06:16 AM,
I love pads! This is such a lovely and chubby stone! I love chubby!!!!

[-]
  •
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM,
Here's something I could do with it!

I think I would send this one out to David Klass though. Not sure my jeweler is up to the task this would require. Sad

[-]
  •
06-18-2014, 11:03 AM,
While that's a striking setting, I'd be afraid to wear it! I just know that I'd knock my hand around and whack the stone out of the setting... which would be especially tragic with a natural pad sapphire! Confused I do like the idea of putting it in an embellished solitaire setting though, or maybe one with tiny accent stones... certainly nothing that would distract from or overwhelm the sapphire with its beautiful chubby shape and delicate color.

[-]
  •
06-18-2014, 11:14 AM,
(06-18-2014, 11:03 AM)magpie Wrote: While that's a striking setting, I'd be afraid to wear it! I just know that I'd knock my hand around and whack the stone out of the setting... which would be especially tragic with a natural pad sapphire! Confused I do like the idea of putting it in an embellished solitaire setting though, or maybe one with tiny accent stones... certainly nothing that would distract from or overwhelm the sapphire with its beautiful chubby shape and delicate color.

I would actually have the setting head reworked a bit to replace the top with a head or other method to hold the pear, so it would set down into that space a good bit vs up high like you see it here. I just set it on top to gauge size/fit.

I bought this ring a while back with the plan of replacing the current center stone somehow/way but wasn't sure with what.

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:11 PM,
I am up in the air about using these champagne diamonds with the pad or the blue sapphire. They look pretty with both, but are better proportionately to the blue.

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 10:35 AM,
I love the color of the diamonds with the pad, but the proportions might be off as you mentioned. Drats. This might be a terrible idea, but.... three stone trellis ring? Huh