Princess Cut Moissanite?
[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:20 PM,
Princess Cut Moissanite?
I came across this on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/forever-brillian...2584bd3aab

do Princess Cut moissanites exist? And if so, are they cut like that? Because I'd be all over a princess cut if it was cut like that, instead of that freaky square brilliant laser beam like cut...(sorry if anyone has it, the facets just remind of me laser beams!)

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:22 PM,
RE: Princess Cut Moissanite?
Yes, there are true princess cut moissanite. Smile I would recommend the FB, as the unenhanced we have had before were pretty warm.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM,
Oh wow, had no idea! It's a very diamond like moissanite, I'm impressed. I assume Shubachs has it jcent?

[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:26 PM,
How does the sparkle compare to princess cut diamonds? If you can comment on that?

[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM,
yup! We have a video comparing the two square cuts.

and princess on it's own

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:34 PM,
(11-06-2013, 09:29 PM)jenncent Wrote: yup! We have a video comparing the two square cuts.

and princess on it's own

Thank you! May I ask you of your opinion of them? I know not everyone is princess cut fans, but in general, say in comparison to princess cut diamonds?

[-]
  •
11-06-2013, 09:58 PM,
I think the princess cut is more diamond like than the SB, but I am not a princess cut lover. I don't dislike them, bit I have no real life experience with them, in diamond or moiss. So I can't say much about the optics, as I don't know what to look for in diamond either.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
11-07-2013, 12:53 AM,
I'm a princess cut lover Smile I own two PC diamonds and have seen the square brilliant moissanite and a true princess cut moissanite. The PC moissanite is A LOT more diamond-like than a square brilliant. That eBay listing looks terrific, actually.

The main thing that's a dead give away for most princess cut sims is the windowing (shows up as a funky dark maltese cross when you look at the stone face up). The PC moissanite I owned for a brief time didn't have that and I was really impressed with the flashes and sparkles.

[-]
  •
11-07-2013, 08:13 AM,
(11-07-2013, 12:53 AM)Blingaholic Wrote: I'm a princess cut lover Smile I own two PC diamonds and have seen the square brilliant moissanite and a true princess cut moissanite. The PC moissanite is A LOT more diamond-like than a square brilliant. That eBay listing looks terrific, actually.

The main thing that's a dead give away for most princess cut sims is the windowing (shows up as a funky dark maltese cross when you look at the stone face up). The PC moissanite I owned for a brief time didn't have that and I was really impressed with the flashes and sparkles.

Thanks! I'm a converted cushion cut diamond lover, but before I met my husband and before Pinterest and before halos, I always used to think to myself "I want a 'simple' 2 or 3 carat princess cut solitaire with an eternity band" I might have to order one for myself now! I think I secretly just love the name of the cut--shows how vain I am! LOL

[-]
  •
11-07-2013, 08:25 AM,
Hi @rbdbop , I love my simple princess cut diamond paired with my half eternity. It's not quite as large as what you want...but similar look Smile

I know nothing about princess cut moissy...just wanted to say I love them too lol