Question About Ovals
[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 07:31 AM,
Question About Ovals
I currently own a diamond ring that has baguette and round F color diamonds. In the center is an oval tanzanite. I find that I never wear the ring because I'm really not into colored gemstones. I would like to replace the tansy with a 10x8mm oval FB moissy. Can you tell me if the ovals have the dreaded bowtie in the middle? Also, will the color look peculiar with F color diamonds? Any info about ovals would be appreciated.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 09:35 AM,
RE: Question About Ovals
I think the ovals tend to show more color than the other main cuts, just from reading other's experiences. If a lower color doesn't bother you, no big deal. I don't think you'd get one to look right with F diamonds though. My original ering is a D diamond & it's hard to find real diamonds to go with that, let alone moissies!

[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM,
No Bow tie in a Moissanite Oval.. its cut Similar to the Round Brilliant.. they are said to show more color... I think though that it depends on the stone like with any Moissanite though....... One round can show more color than the next round....etc.... if you know what I mean....

[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM,
I love the idea of a 10x8 oval FB with baguettes! I think the color difference between the stones will bother you, though. Ovals do show more color than RB cuts would.

[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 11:39 AM,
No bowtie, but it will be a lot warmer than F coloured baguettes. I LOVE my oval moissy. It is my fav cut in moissy now.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 12:59 PM,
Sounds like the color difference would not be good. I love the idea of no bow tie though. Thanks for the replies and for helping me make my decision.

[-]
  •
01-21-2014, 04:00 PM,
Maybe the new whiter rough would improve the colour situation?

[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 08:02 PM,
Now I'm thinking that the next best thing would be an oval canary moissanite. Other than MoisCo, do you know of any other company that sells them? I have nothing against MoisCo except they once told me their yellow was pale and that would not be a good contrast with my clear stones. Does anyone have a yellow?

[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 08:06 PM,
C&C does the yellow, so you could ask your preferred vendor of choice to get one in see the colour. The colour will vary batch to batch.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 08:57 PM,
I have a 11x9 FB Oval moissy and I love it.... I also had a 10mm RB FB .. I felt both stones looked the same color to my eye.......the RB and the Oval were very similar in color...I did not find the Oval warmer than the Round....I am not color sensitive though

in regard to the Ovals showing more warmth.. I didn't have that problem with my 11x9 in a FB....... its a stunning stone....every Moissanite stone will vary though from stone to stone..whether they are FB's or Regular Moissanites..