RB and OEC arrived!
[-] The following 2 users Like ChristineRenee5's post:
  • Blinglicious, EarthDiva
11-04-2014, 09:59 PM,
RB and OEC arrived!
Hi all, Beth sent me a RB and OEC 6.5 to check out to set in a variation they are making me of this setting.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I so wish that I could say one of them is the clear winner!!! They both speak to me but in completely different ways. I enjoy the modern starkness of the RB, how white it is and that it faces up bigger - and love the romantic, pillowy glitter effect that the OEC throws. I'm torn! My future hub likes the RB from the picture and video I sent him though I am almost positive he wouldn't be able to tell the difference if asked. I know OEC seems to be the consensus on the forum but what do you ladies think for this setting? I'm going to pair it with a shared prong moissanite band. I really love them both!

OEC vs. RB video - couldn't figure out how to post directly!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-04-2014, 10:15 PM,
RE: RB and OEC arrived!
I lean way more toward RB than OEC. I like the OEC's well enough but they haven't really ever captured me the way I expected them to. I've sold all I ever had and have stuck with RBs.

That said, there may come a time in the not so distant future that the OECs are no longer available, but RBs will always be-so take that into consideration.

(I still vote RB!)

[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 12:48 AM,
They are both lovely, I enjoy my RBs and OECs for different reasons.

I find the OECs need more regular cleaning, so for something I'd wear constantly, I'd personally go RB because I find they stay sparkly longer.

[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 07:48 AM,
I think they're both beautiful, but I prefer the RB. Of course, like @stardust says, the OECs won't be available in the future. It's a tough choice to make.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 08:19 AM,
OK so your FH like the RB. Good to know. He could actually tell a difference, because he actually picked one over the other. Don't let availability make your choice for you. Coose with your raw gut and pick the one that spoke to you first. OEC's are great, but also remember that a lot of ladies here have RBs AND OECs. When you can go to your box a choose to wear different stones it makes the choices easier. If you are looking for the "one ring to rule the all", the one that will be YOUR engagement ring, then you should go with the stone that has the stronger draw for you. Good Luck!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • OoohShiny
11-05-2014, 10:16 AM,
I prefer oecs, but tthe new RBs are really well cut! And they are whiter, which is also a preference of mine.

When you look down at them, where do your eyes go first?

If you packed up one to send back, would you second guess yourself? Or if Beth said right now, "I need xxxx stone back, it can't be yours", would you be sad or would you be happy to keep the other?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 01:49 PM,
Jenns questions are brilliant. Making yourself feel a pang of sadness over one leaving or not being available will tell you instantly what you like Smile from everything you said, it seems you favor the RB, so I say go with that!

[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 02:14 PM,
All really good points above!

All things equal, if you REALLY do like both equally, then I would encourage you to keep the OEC. Cause as others have said, one day there won't be any, but I am certain they will always make pretty RB's.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 09:21 PM,
Thanks ladies!!! As much as I love the OEC I am choosing the RB. To throw somethi else in the mix - does anyone know if the H&A throw less splittery?

[-]
  •
11-05-2014, 09:58 PM,
I think there was a video Schubachs did of H&A versus RB wasn't there?