Radiance diamonds
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 06:36 AM,
Radiance diamonds
I was just reading about Radiance diamonds from Schubachs but want to know how they differ from Asha as sold by Better Than Diamond.

I understand that Radiance Diamonds are cubic zirconia with DLC amorphous coating to make then more durable - but will they last longer than an Asha from BTD which many people have said clouds and loses brilliance over time??

The Schubachs website says the Radiance diamond is:
"A durable, long lasting diamond simulant". How long is "long-lasting?"

Additionally, I can see there is a lifetime gurantee on Radiance diamonds. The website says:
"All Radiance diamond simulants come with a limited lifetime guarantee against scratching, scuffing, chipping, brilliance and even loss. Should anything happen to your Radiance diamond, simply return it to Joseph Schubach Jewelers to have it replaced for a nominal resetting fee".

Approximately how much would this resetting fee be?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 11:35 AM,
RE: Radiance diamonds
Asha have 2 layers if coating, and radiance have just one. But yes, we will replace it if it scratches or abrades etc. How long depends on you. Some people scratch cz, even coated cz, in a few months, others last 5 years. The norm seems to be somewhere in the middle.

Setting fee currently, for gold in a 4 prong setting is $75 usually.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 03:16 PM,
@jenncent - Thanks for clearing that up! In that case I think a coloured moissy of some sort, maybe BP would be better in a 3 stone setting for me. I'm not really hard on my rings but I don't baby them either. Do BPs come in a small size like 5mm?

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 04:08 PM,
You can order them in that size, yes. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website