Re-size Eternity Band?
[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 03:58 PM,
Re-size Eternity Band?
Can it be done? If you said a skilled bench take out some stones and re-work it, could you re-size an eternity band?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:00 PM,
RE: Re-size Eternity Band?
I think it can. But it still ends up being pricey. Also it depends on what the setting is like, pics?

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:05 PM,
It was a DB find. It is an LM u-cut pave band that is size 7.5 and I would need it to be 6.5. But I'm concerned that even if I did have it sized down, it would end up costing more than a brand new band.

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:11 PM,
you compromise the integrity of the band. It can end up being a pain in the butt for ever more. I would using sizing beads.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:40 PM,
(10-19-2012, 04:11 PM)jenncent Wrote: you compromise the integrity of the band. It can end up being a pain in the butt for ever more. I would using sizing beads.

That's a good point. But I really don't think I want sizing beads because the ring would sit up higher and be harder to wear with my e-ring. I used to not want a wedding band, but lately I think my ring is so lonely since it only has a 1.5-ish mm shank. I need more pave! Wink

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:46 PM,
Is it a Leon band? I would ask Leon to do that. If so, I would also trust our highest bench, but I am not sure he would work on it, as it is not his work, and it would likely be $350.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 05:13 PM,
I have only ever heard of someone cutting the band in half and then making 2 half eternities. But even still sounds like more expense and pain vs. just getting one in the right size.

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 05:27 PM,
Sounds like more hassle and money and it's worth.. :/

Thanks guys! Smile