Reactions?
[-]
  •
03-12-2015, 07:12 PM,
Reactions?
Hey ladies I'm just wondering who has metal allergies and how you react?

I've never had skin issues or allergies to any metals but lately it doesn't matter what I'm wearing (SS or platinum) I haven't tried gold come to think of it but I get really bad red itchy eczema that's sore and burns. It's literally just where my rings sit. Even if I switch hands. I don't put on any lotions or creams and I make sure to dry off under my ring after I wash my hands. It's part of the reasons I've been MIA :-(

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-12-2015, 09:37 PM,
RE: Reactions?
I only get that with 14k or SS. But when I wear my rings now, I tend to wear then 8 hours or less, so I never really have a chance to get a bad reaction to things anymore.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-12-2015, 09:53 PM,
It's driving me crazy. Your skin reacts the same way?

[-]
  •
03-12-2015, 10:51 PM,
I used to get that, but it seems to have chilled out. My original wedding band was a problem for me. In fact white gold rings are always dicey. I do okay with earrings most of the time, but I think it's because they're not worn for very long.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
03-13-2015, 08:53 AM,
yup, earrings in general are a no for me. Short periods only. I cannot sleep in anything, even plat studs. I have worn platinum rings to bed and done just fine. but that is not my norm. I also like my rings loose, so they slide around a bit. That *could* help maybe. The earring thing bugs me, because my reactions can be bad quickly, but it seems like sometimes are worse than others. Like if I am under stress, or in pregnancy, I just can't wear them at all. But on normal days. I can get a few hours.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-13-2015, 07:04 PM,
My sister had that issue and needed an RX cream and no rings for a few days.

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
03-18-2015, 09:38 PM,
Maybe that's what I need. I havent worn anything since December but I iust started putting an otc cream on. It'll look better then I try and it reverts. So frustrating

[-]
  •
06-15-2015, 06:56 AM,
It's still acting up. I haven't tried to wear anything but my platinum pc eternity thinking maybe it was my fun rings causing it..I've had a platinum band before and of course my 3 stone that I wore every day and I've never had an issue. I have been putting on a hydrocortisone cream and it was looking good until I attempted to wear it to a wedding this past weekend and now it's flared back up. Its so bizarre its dry and flaky with little bumps with clear fluid that's so itchy. I was fine when I got it last May all the way until November or so...and I've had it cleaned professionally 3 times thinking it was a soap or something in the crevices.

I'm so exasperated with all of this. Can I develop a metal allergy out of nowhere? I'm going to try to get a stronger cream and make sure it's totally cleared up before my next attempt.

Any additional thoughts experiences or stories are much appreciated

[-]
  •
06-15-2015, 07:20 AM,
@Enkay Allergies can appear at any time - even if you've never reacted to the item in question in the past. Here is a post I found on Pricescope regarding common alloys used in jewellery - http://www.pricescope.com/journal/overvi...ed_jewelry. My son has allergies to some metals which has made it difficult for him to find a wedding band. Luckily he has been able to find an 18k WG band wherein the WG is alloyed with Pd that he has not reacted to.

[-]
  •
06-15-2015, 07:43 AM,
Thank you. That article redirects to their main page for me though??