Recut question
[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 03:46 PM,
Thumbs Down  Recut question
I was thinking, instead of getting a regular cushion cut into an antique cut, couldn't I get a large OEC cut to a smaller ACC?
That might be dumb but this is the shyt that I think of while stuck in traffic on the way to work.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM,
RE: Recut question
I think that's the best option. At least for me, because I prefer the pillow top.

[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 06:42 PM,
By pillowtop you mean smaller table right? See, that is eactly what I don't like. I like a big table nice and flat.

Me+Stones ==== Fail. lol

[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 06:42 PM,
i had mentioned this to michael e and the % loss is actually quite high Sad but it might be worth it depending on the size ur going for

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Lorrissey
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM,
If you want a flat table, recutting a cushion would be better.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM,
(10-17-2012, 07:44 PM)jenncent Wrote: If you want a flat table, recutting a cushion would be better.

+1 then hed just have to recut the pavilion and you wouldnt loose much, i was considering doing this.

[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 09:17 PM,
I also emailed michael E about recutting, and he said that unenhanced turn a funky browish color. while the amora didn't change too much but still a bit of a color change. Keep that in mind. and If you go with michael e if it isn't something you like then too bad for you. He is very upfront about the whole recutting of moissanite, which I like.

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 05:07 AM,
Thanks for the info...I am going to first see a moissanite in person lol. The amora seems like it lacks the deepness of an unenhanced to me, and has a mintygreen hue to it. Maybe it's just me, I'll have to go check them out more.

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 05:15 AM,
Olive, are you ever in NYC? You can look at my ring. We can invite Turks and have coffee? Smile

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 06:10 AM,
Yay a meet! lol What is so weird is, I live about 1 1/2 hrs from NY and never go. Literally have been there maybe 3 times in my life. That would be fun though Smile