Rhodium, rhodium go away
[-]
  •
10-20-2012, 08:25 PM,
Rhodium, rhodium go away
I know some people's skin breaks down rhodium quickly. Mine doesn't, my wedding from 1.5 years ago is still perfectly "rhodiumed." My e-ring wedding is uplated white gold, which I'm kind obsessed with. I would love for my wedding band to be a similar warm color.

Short of rubbing my wedding band on people whose skin breaks down rhodium, is there a way to get rid of it?

I don't think it can be polished off because it's 2 mm low profile shared prong band from moissco so I don't know if you can polish the stones. Plus I'm curious if there is a way that I can do it myself -- chemistry experiment? DizzyDizzyDizzy

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-20-2012, 08:30 PM,
RE: Rhodium, rhodium go away
hmm I think there are probably ways to do it but I don't know them. I have the opposite problem, literally only lasts a couple weeks for me !! Maybe you should just send your rings to me haha

[-]
  •
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM,
I think you can have it polished. Or, you can do it yourself with polishing clothes. I forget, but I am sure there is a brand of cloth that you can use that will get it off. It will take a few hours, but it will work.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-20-2012, 08:38 PM,
Let me try to remember the name of those polishing cloths......

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 11:31 AM,
Send it to me :d my skin breaks it down fast. Have you taken it to a jeweler for a light polish? Acid like lemon juice might do it. But it might also pit the ring which wouldn't be good.

[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM,
(10-21-2012, 11:31 AM)Sparkly Blonde Wrote: Send it to me :d my skin breaks it down fast. Have you taken it to a jeweler for a light polish? Acid like lemon juice might do it. But it might also pit the ring which wouldn't be good.

My jeweler told me it's a process that involves negative and positive charges so that if I ever wanted it undone, he would just put it back in and reverse the charge or something like that. It's been well over 10 years since we discussed it, but it was an easy fix if your jeweler does it in house. That's what I was told anyway.

[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM,
That makes sense to me Stardust. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 01:14 PM,
I bet there are some cleaners that would buy it also might damage the ring. So that would be dumb.

[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM,
I think the brand I was thinking of is the Sunshine Polishing cloths.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-21-2012, 03:29 PM,
Thanks ladies!