Ring mod - add sapphire?
[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 05:28 AM,
Ring mod - add sapphire?
Here is the ring modification project I posted about last week. This is the ring and very light yellow sapphire. The ring is a silver and 18k YG Tiffany piece, and pics don't do the natural sapphire justice - in person, it's just a gorgeous, glittery ball of light yellow sparkles.

My thoughts were to set it east/west either in a bezel or basket of 18k YG (to play up the yellow color) in between the YG hoops on the ring (so all silver in that area would be gone). The sapphire does have a small window, but the stone being so light in tone and sparkly, it doesn't bother me really, and I thought a YG bottom (some sort of scroll style) might help to close/disguise the window a bit.

I am not sold on this project just yet, so I am curious what others think. I need to size down the ring by a half size anyway, and thought that might be achieved with setting the sapphire because it will close up the area a smidge between the YG hoops.

Thoughts? Ideas on a basket or bezel style? Maybe a semi bezel kind of how @idahosubaru EC DbL ring was?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • SparkleFactor
08-26-2015, 05:31 AM,
RE: Ring mod - add sapphire?
I think semi bezel would be divine. I am very much 'feeling' that sapphire with the two tone metal- really nice!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 05:41 AM,
Option 2 - use an 8mm Flanders wink cz from this ring, that I don't really wear, instead. Because the stone is gawwwgeous! Heart

I could always use the sapphire in a pendant.

[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 05:56 AM,
Ohhh! I really like your idea. Love the cuffs of the ring. This is gonna be beautiful! And comfy too!

[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 02:24 PM,
I like the sapphie idea a lot!! That stone looks so pretty!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website