Ring size problems! So confused.
[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 05:26 PM,
Ring size problems! So confused.
I've always thought that I was a size 5. I ordered the 3 10k spacer bands and my 2mm band in a 5 .. when I got them they were way too big. If I shook my hand it flew straight off. I decided to wear it for a few days to be sure and it never fit even a tiny bit snug so I sent the wedding band back to be sized. I decided to go down to a 4.75 even after being sized at the jeweler for a 4.5 because I read that fingers shrink when it's cold. WELL, in the meantime I have been wearing the 3 spacer bands that are 1mm each and a size 5. This morning I woke up and can BARELY get them off! I'm actually not sure I even could at the moment. It's still cold out and I have no idea what's going on ... but it's too late for my band, it's been sized. Even still, a week ago and for days the 5 was so big that it slid right off my finger!!! What should I do? What's the general rule with these sorts of issues?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
12-07-2014, 05:32 PM,
RE: Ring size?
Ring sizes can fluctuate a lot. I always size to wear it comfortably on my biggest hand days. Which for me tend to be in the middle of summer. Then on smaller hands says I stack to to snug it up as much as I need so nothing flies off, lol. I know @stardust has this problem too.

I can go from a 6 to a 7.5 in summer. My newest ring in a comfort fit 7, and it is pretty loose, but not so much it can fall off dry hands. I tend to like my rings loose though and can't handle when they feel too tight.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 05:33 PM,
RE: Ring size problems! So confused.
(12-07-2014, 05:32 PM)jenncent Wrote: Ring sizes can fluctuate a lot. I always size to wear it comfortably on my biggest hand days. Which for me tend to be in the middle of summer. Then on smaller hands says I stack to to snug it up as much as I need so nothing flies off, lol. I know @stardust has this problem too.

I can go from a 6 to a 7.5 in summer. My newest ring in a comfort fit 7, and it is pretty loose, but not so much it can fall off dry hands. I tend to like my rings loose though and can't handle when they feel too tight.

Do rings fit more snug the more bands you wear? I am planning on the 2mm band, 1mm spacer and 2mm engagement. Considering at the moment the 5 went from way too big to too small - is the 4.75 just completely unrealistic with the 3 together? This is so confusing!

[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 06:16 PM,
Yes, they do. So for me, I can wear one thin band at a 6.5. But for every 2mm of band more I go up .25. If I have 5mm worth of rings I need everything to be more in the size 7 to 7.5 are. If I wanted to stack 8mm or something I would likely need size 8s.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 08:10 PM,
(12-07-2014, 06:16 PM)jenncent Wrote: Yes, they do. So for me, I can wear one thin band at a 6.5. But for every 2mm of band more I go up .25. If I have 5mm worth of rings I need everything to be more in the size 7 to 7.5 are. If I wanted to stack 8mm or something I would likely need size 8s.

Would it make sense to have the band .25 smaller than the spacer and engagement? Keep the band 4.75 and the other 2 a size 5 since the width adds?

[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 08:15 PM,
(12-07-2014, 08:10 PM)ChristineRenee5 Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 06:16 PM)jenncent Wrote: Yes, they do. So for me, I can wear one thin band at a 6.5. But for every 2mm of band more I go up .25. If I have 5mm worth of rings I need everything to be more in the size 7 to 7.5 are. If I wanted to stack 8mm or something I would likely need size 8s.

Would it make sense to have the band .25 smaller than the spacer and engagement? Keep the band 4.75 and the other 2 a size 5 since the width adds?

Yeah, this is my life. My fingers will fluctuate based on temperature, hormones, what I've eaten etc. I, like Jenn can span several sizes in a day.

What I have found most comfortable is to have the bands a wee bit bigger than I need and the ering a little more snug. I want the ering to be wearable even with only a thin band as well as the stack. I don't want to risk losing it if I'm not stacking. Like Jenn though I tend to size for my largest size which has now gone up to a 7.5.

Really the best way to do it is probably to have each additional ring be a little bigger, but it may have to do with the shape of your fingers too. Mine taper and I have no knuckles. They are not the norm.

[-]
  •
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM,
Yup, I think so. Size the bands larger so you can stack when you want, but on a big finger day you may just have to wear a ring. That is what i do sometimes.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
12-08-2014, 02:32 AM,
I'm a size 4, but the smallest ring I have is a 4.25, just because it's more comfy to me. My rings are usually 4.5-5 though because I like stacking, and the more bands the higher I need to go up in size!