Rings With Height - Help Pls
[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM,
Rings With Height - Help Pls
Hi Ladies,

My fella and I have fallen for a ring with height for my wedding ring. It's a halo/starburst ring with 1cm height and width with a chunky tapering band. I'm thinking I would like it in unplated white gold with an OEC moissanite centre. Here are the jewellers pictures:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The models ring is a size 5 and centre stone is a 5mm diamond. My ring will be a size 6.5 or 6.75 so I'm going to get a 5.5mm or 6mm stone to try and make the centre feel proportionally similar.

I originally thought I wanted something low profile. Because as much as I like a bit of drama with styling I'm equally practical and a mummy. So it's troubling me how I'm going to live with it day to day not having had any experience of rings with height. We've been searching on and off for 12 years for "the" ring. Bad health delayed everything. He's been scouring our city shops. I've been online because I'm currently housebound. We've been looking for a star/celestial themed ring with nouveau/deco character and old world charm. Something with a bit of mystery and magic about it. Very specific I know hehe! This ring seems to fit the bill. We wanted a very special ring to represent how special it is to us we're finally managing to tie the knot. Our wedding day will also be our 15 year anniversary. Whenever we found anything good it was always waaaay out of our budget. Having something custom made was also out of our budget.

Oh dear I rambled haha. I'm bad with that. I tried to get all the important info in there and well my scatty brain just went away with itself. Anyway I suppose my question is have any practical ladies fallen in love with a big ring they wear everyday and gotten used to it? I don't want to damage it or be unable to do stuff because of it getting in the way. It's a work or art and i'm a sentimental soul, I'll be heart broken if I stop wearing it everyday.

Thanks for reading this if you made it the bottom haha! Blah

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 02:07 PM,
RE: Rings With Height - Help Pls
I don't have experience with rings with height, but I just wanted to post and say I LOVE THE RING! It is gorgeous!

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 02:21 PM,
Congratulations and welcome. I think that is great that you found the ring that sings to you both. I personally think you will get used to the height after wearing it for a while. It's beautiful! Be well!

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 03:15 PM,
I like it. I have a middle finger ring that I wear that has some height to it. I found that I can't wear anything but a band on my right hand (I'm right handed) because I knock it up badly. But, I can wear rings like that on my left with no issues. I have heard some people say, "just be careful." Honestly, after wearing it day in and day out you're not even going to think about being "careful" anymore. Still, I think you'll be fine and congrats on your engagement!

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 03:25 PM,
That looks beautiful, and very unique! I actually prefer higher rings, so I say go for it. Once you get used it, it won 't be a problem.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 03:27 PM,
This is such a cool ring! Banana I think it will be an easy to wear everyday ring as long as you are not left handed. Even though the ring is tall, it also has mass to equal the height, so the ring should be well balanced on your hand. I think that when the whole ring is big like this one, your eyes are more consciously aware of it and are less likely to bang it than when only a center stone is sticking up high. My mother has what I consider to be a massive gold ring guard which sits very high (pretty sure it is at least a centimeter) across both sides of her wedding band and she has worn it for over 40 years with no problems. Congratulations!

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 04:29 PM,
Very unique, beautiful ring! I think you will get used to the height after a little wear. Can't wait to see this ring become a long-awaited and much deserved reality for you both! Congratulations! Bighug

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 04:39 PM,
I love it! Your post made me think of this ring I saw on PS and have been in love with ever since. I want to say Wink made it for his wife? It was a moon and stars and it was just gorgeous. I had forgotten about it until I read your post!

And as for the height thing-you really do get used to it.

[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM,
I don't think you would have any issues wearing this ring regularly or getting used to its weight/ height/ width.
Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-18-2014, 06:47 PM,
I have worn both and my experience is same as aboce, if I wear on my left, height isn't an issue at all. Congrats- how exciting for you!!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!