Rings and sizing issues
[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 07:32 PM,
Rings and sizing issues
Ugh. I am so frustrated with my stupid hands. They swell and shrink so much (I know part of it is autoimmune, but SHEESH.) I am sitting here in the beautiful 68 degree weather very comfortably wearing a 5.5 ring that literally stopped the blood flow and nerve function in the same finger just last week in 90-some-odd degree weather last week.

I get fingers change sizes. But mine seem to very reliably go from a comfortable 5.5 to a 7.5 at this point in time. And that's talking one finger on one hand.

If I size things for swelling it will fall off when I'm not. If I size it for normal times it has gotten to wear it seriously messes with the nerves in the finger. That's clearly too small.

At this stage I'm going to stick to 6.5 I guess and hope for the best. How many other deal with this crap? I wish there was a better answer than just picking the size in the middle!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 07:41 PM,
RE: Rings and sizing issues
I have that problem too and thought I can deal with the tightness during the summer but it gets too painful so I finally just get the ring to the most comfortable size in hot weather then get temp ring guard/inserts for this winter Sad

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 07:43 PM,
Mine usually swings from a 7 (cooler temps) to 7.5 (warmer temps), so I go with a size 7.25 for most of my rings. I can't imagine a two-size swing. That does make it difficult ... almost like you need two of each ring to accommodate the weather. Confused

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 07:44 PM,
(09-10-2014, 07:43 PM)SparkleFactor Wrote: Mine usually swings from a 7 (cooler temps) to 7.5 (warmer temps), so I go with a size 7.25 for most of my rings. I can't imagine a two-size swing. That does make it difficult ... almost like you need two of each ring to accommodate the weather. Confused

Except it also happens for totally unpredictable reasons and can vary that much over the course of a day. It is really absurd.

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 07:54 PM,
@stardust That SUPER sucks then. Sad

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 08:02 PM,
That is why I stack. 3 or 4 rings/bands all sized up to where I need them to be on the biggest finger day, and then when my hands are small, I wear 3, when they are swollen, I wear my ring and my string band. But I need that for comfort and I cannot stand tight at all.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 08:05 PM,
(09-10-2014, 08:02 PM)jenncent Wrote: That is why I stack. 3 or 4 rings/bands all sized up to where I need them to be on the biggest finger day, and then when my hands are small, I wear 3, when they are swollen, I wear my ring and my string band. But I need that for comfort and I cannot stand tight at all.

Do you have a similar range? I remember talking about this on BTD at one point and there were a few others that dealt with it also.

Maybe I need to rethink the stack.

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 08:09 PM,
I can go from a 6 to a 7.5. I have that awful allergy to the cold, and because of where I live, it is impossible to avoid. My hands swell up badly everytime I go outside for more than 1 minute from Oct to May.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 08:09 PM,
(09-10-2014, 07:32 PM)stardust Wrote: Ugh. I am so frustrated with my stupid hands. They swell and shrink so much (I know part of it is autoimmune, but SHEESH.) I am sitting here in the beautiful 68 degree weather very comfortably wearing a 5.5 ring that literally stopped the blood flow and nerve function in the same finger just last week in 90-some-odd degree weather last week.

I get fingers change sizes. But mine seem to very reliably go from a comfortable 5.5 to a 7.5 at this point in time. And that's talking one finger on one hand.

If I size things for swelling it will fall off when I'm not. If I size it for normal times it has gotten to wear it seriously messes with the nerves in the finger. That's clearly too small.

At this stage I'm going to stick to 6.5 I guess and hope for the best. How many other deal with this crap? I wish there was a better answer than just picking the size in the middle!

How about stacking on skinny finger days? Or you can always put a smaller ring in front of a larger one on those days.

[-]
  •
09-10-2014, 08:11 PM,
(09-10-2014, 08:09 PM)poppyseed Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 07:32 PM)stardust Wrote: Ugh. I am so frustrated with my stupid hands. They swell and shrink so much (I know part of it is autoimmune, but SHEESH.) I am sitting here in the beautiful 68 degree weather very comfortably wearing a 5.5 ring that literally stopped the blood flow and nerve function in the same finger just last week in 90-some-odd degree weather last week.

How about stacking on skinny finger days? Or you can always put a smaller ring in front of a larger one on those days.

That's the best I've come up with. Because I don't really know what is going to trigger it, a smaller band in front will cause minimal discomfort.