Rose cut moissy in a fishtail?
[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM,
Rose cut moissy in a fishtail?
Good idea, or am I trying to force two time periods that don't go together? I have been seriously craving a larger (8mm) rose cut moissy. I have a rose cut 3/4 eternity band that is still waiting for more stones to finish, and I was thinking about a rosecut solitaire to go with it. At first I was thinking milgrain bezel since most rose cuts I see are in bezels. Well now I have this lovely rose gold fishtail setting and was wondering if y'all thought maybe that would look nice?

Pearl pressure is a terrible thing...for my wallet.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-08-2013, 10:41 AM,
RE: Rose cut moissy in a fishtail?
It's hard to imagine. One of the problems with rose-cuts as they're set today is that not many jewelers still know how to foil the backs properly, so a lot of the time they wind up acting as weird little magnifying glasses for the back of the finger. (I know, I bought some.) But if a stone was set higher, I'm not sure WHAT the optics would be like. Depending on the inside of the setting, it might look *really* cool. Can you snap a pic of the stone sitting in the setting?

[-]
  •
05-08-2013, 11:31 AM,
RE: Rose cut moissy in a fishtail?
Thank you for replying Circe Smile as of right now I don't have a larger rose-cut to test it out. You did bring up some good points that I didn't think about, like the foiling, and magnifying glass affect. I do have pics posted of the fishtail I'm considering setting it in posted, it currently has an OEC in it. I tried doing image searches for some examples, but only found a couple. I think I will just have to order a stone and see how it looks and go from there, but it will have to wait awhile since my sparkle budget needs to rebuild a bit first. I was kind of feeling out the ideas in my head and hoping for some feed back. I like hearing everyone's opinions, and personal experiences with the stones etc. it helps me to learn and prevent me from making bad choices Big Grin

Pearl pressure is a terrible thing...for my wallet.