Rosie's back on the market ....
[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 02:01 PM,
Rosie's back on the market ....
I love this ring - I'm so glad I got it and had a chance to see it in person and admire the artistry of the cut and the artistry of the setting. Wink and Poppy are both masters of their crafts! Buuuuuuuuut ... my husband surprised me with a piece I'd been drooling over for our upcoming anniversary, and I'm now officially out of fingers.

So! Purchased from the board's own LaLa less than a month ago (oy! my quickest turnover ever ....) Rosie is an 11x9 Wink elongated Cartier Cushion in a 14k rose gold Incredible Solitaire with single claw prongs, currently a size 9 and fully sizeable. I'm reusing LaLa's pics with permission (though I'm planning to post more of my own) - in the month I've had her, I haven't even had the chance to resize her, much less wear her out of the house, so she's in exactly the same shape. Asking what I paid, $300 with shipping. Planning to pop her onto LoupTroop soon, but I figured I'd post here first and see if anybody in the family was interested ....

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 04:33 PM,
RE: Rosie's back on the market ....
I would love this but that stone is too big for my size 5 fingers...sad Sad a 9mm stone would be my whole finger! well...maybe that's not so bad...

[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 05:07 PM,
Heheheheh - I like the way you're thinking! I wear a five, too (well, 5.25), and it actually looked pretty good to me proportionally when I stacked it enough to get a sense of how it would look (my personal theory is that stones look great when they're around the width of the nail bed). But in this case, sentimentality for the new anniversary piece is trumping, and it just feels *wrong* to leave such a pretty thing feeling lonesome! Wink

[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM,
Can you grab a pic of it on your hand? That might help me jump...

[-]
  •
10-01-2013, 09:00 AM,
But of course! Here she is on my middle finger with some stacking bands (middle finger is closer to a 6, I believe), because I wanted to snap her next to my 8.5mm moissanite, just for size comparison. To my eye, they're not too dissimilar.

[-]
  •
10-21-2013, 09:07 AM,
Bumping ... I'll be putting her up on Etsy or the like soonish, I think, and wanted to be sure you all got first crack!

[-]
  •
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM,
I'm very interested... Would the setting take an 11x8 mm stone?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Circe's post:
  • JuBe
10-22-2013, 06:49 AM,
Hey, JuBe! I believe so - she orignally held a 10x8 stone, which the original owner swapped out for this one.

[-]
  •
10-22-2013, 12:29 PM,
Circle, is that the OEC moissy next to it?
I love that ring, what ever it is LOL

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM,
it is. and I'm waiting in the corner twirling my mustache hatching an evil plan to make her think she's sick of it so she will sell it to me.......