Poll: Which shape works best for shorter fingers?
Round! Cushions will make your fingers look even stubbier!
Cushion would be more flattering!
Doesn't matter. Just get what you like.
[Show Results]

Round or Cushion for shorter digits??
[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 01:52 PM,
Wink  Round or Cushion for shorter digits??
I've bought cz's and I am just not able to picture the stone in the setting. So I thought I'd ask here. Which shape do you all think works best on shorter fingers (size 5 3/4) -OEC or ACC. Maybe it doesn't matter since the cushions I like are not oblong? Thoughts, please?!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • PimpMyRing
10-19-2013, 02:00 PM,
RE: Round or Cushion for shorter digits??
I have short fingers and that's why I always go for round shape. I think any kind of squareness in a stone makes my finger look even shorter and sort of stubbier.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • PimpMyRing
10-19-2013, 02:25 PM,
I say get what you like the most.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 4 users Like SPARKY's post:
  • MrsK, mrsmay07, PimpMyRing, sparkletiger
10-19-2013, 02:26 PM,
Short fingers are cute though!

I spent over 30 years wearing heels because they make my feet look smaller. I figured that half of my foot waaayyy in the air looks much better than all of my foot flat on the floor. I've had 4 foot surgeries as a result and now that I've discovered Tieks, it will be extremely difficult to get me back in my heels. I've decided that I have big ass feet, they grew that way, other people have them (more than I thought judging by the fact that ruby red crocs in Size 11 are always out of stock) and they are what they are. I even started wearing FLIP FLOPS! People remark to me on a regular basis that they had no idea I was as short as I am...lol.

Get whatever stone catches your eye and sparkle hard!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • PimpMyRing
10-19-2013, 02:26 PM,
I always vote cushion, lol. But I don't think square cushion or round are non flattering. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 02:28 PM,
(10-19-2013, 02:26 PM)SPARKY Wrote: Short fingers are cute though!

I spent over 30 years wearing heels because they make my feet look smaller. I figured that half of my foot waaayyy in the air looks much better than all of my foot flat on the floor. I've had 4 foot surgeries as a result and now that I've discovered Tieks, it will be extremely difficult to get me back in my heels. I've decided that I have big ass feet, they grew that way, other people have them (more than I thought judging by the fact that ruby red crocs in Size 11 are always out of stock) and they are what they are. I even started wearing FLIP FLOPS! People remark to me on a regular basis that they had no idea I was as short as I am...lol.

I like all this. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 02:48 PM,
(10-19-2013, 02:28 PM)jenncent Wrote:

I like all this. Smile

Me too!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 02:58 PM,
(10-19-2013, 02:48 PM)MrsK Wrote:

I like all this. Smile

Me too!
And me!!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 04:08 PM,
(10-19-2013, 02:58 PM)sparkletiger Wrote:

I like all this. Smile

Me too!
And me!!!!

ditto!

[-]
  •
10-19-2013, 06:31 PM,
(10-19-2013, 04:08 PM)stardust Wrote:
(10-19-2013, 02:58 PM)sparkletiger Wrote:

I like all this. Smile

Me too!
And me!!!!

ditto!

Me too...and I LOL!

Thanks for the input, ladies. I have a setting, in mind, that is meant for a cushion. I also have a setting that I like that is meant for a round. I'm pretty set on the cushion setting, though, so it is reassuring the majority think either will work with stubbys. hee hee

ST - do you think that the more oblong cushions are worse, though, for our short fingers? Also, I won't be sporting a 'honker'...so maybe it won't matter as much since there won't be a huge square? lol Mine will be under 2 carats, *I think.* Undecided