Sapphire and diamond ring
[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 12:38 PM,
Sapphire and diamond ring
I am probably going to have the opportunity to buy this ring from a coworker in the next few months.  I am not concerned about if it is an actual sapphire and diamond ring since DK has had the ring in his possession to make a matching band for the other side for my coworker last year.  David gave me what is likely an inflated insurance value of the ring at 17k.  The diamonds are conservatively .30-.35ct each and the sapphire might be 2.5-3ct.  It is an old cut sapphire and a beautiful color, the diamonds are all OECs.  These pics were from last year when I had it before sending to DK.  Wish I had better ones for you to see.

My question to you all is am I crazy for buying this thing for $4k?  That is the price I am negotiating with him right now, he first said $5k.  Yes he is a he who wears over the top jewelry.  I may pay $5k just to get it.  I would eventually send the sapphire to AGL for the full prestige report to include origin.  It bums me that I did not find it at the pawn shop where he did and pay the $1900 for it.  But just the diamonds alone are worth 2k at least.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 12:51 PM,
RE: Sapphire and diamond ring
That is beautiful! I don't think you're crazy since the stones are worth at least $4k.

Did your coworker tell you he only paid $1900 for it?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 01:11 PM,
Yes he did. He was so excited he got a great deal. Wish I had seen it instead of him. He is cheap as the day is long too so I believe him. LOL.

[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 01:46 PM,
I think it is a spectacular ring! Those diamonds are delicious! Wow!
It is always hard to swallow when you know someone else got it for less, but if you really love the piece and have the resources, 4k isn't unreasonable for what you'd be getting imo. What is the white metal holding the stones, gold or plat?

[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 06:18 PM,
My goodness that is SOMETHING!  I think it's certainly worth $4k, but $1900?  Holy mother of pearl.  Jawdrop

[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 10:21 PM,
That is gorgeous, and I don't think it is overpriced at 4k, or even 5k...  I think that is worth getting, and if you even need to sell it, I am sure you could get 4k back for it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • jenncent
12-28-2015, 07:01 PM,
(12-26-2015, 01:11 PM)idahosubaru Wrote: Yes he did. He was so excited he got a great deal.  Wish I had seen it instead of him.  He is cheap as the day is long too so I believe him. LOL.

No kidding!  

It would kind of piss me off if he told me how much he paid and then offered to sell it to me for more than double what he paid.  I know he's looking to make money on it, but I would have a hard time not saying "Dude... I know how much you paid for it. You can give me a better deal." Crackup

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.