Sapphire and trilliant three stone
[-] The following 3 users Like EarthDiva's post:
  • Lorrissey, mrsmay07, sparkletiger
09-18-2013, 10:05 AM,
Wink  Sapphire and trilliant three stone
Hey girls...

Been lurking here for like a month like a creepy jewelry stalker, LOL. Almost posted like 10 times, particularly after reading JooJoo's oval 3-stone thread because I was having a lot of the same inspiration ideas, but never did. (I was on BTD briefly but then life got in the way, and it's been really fun reading posts by other jewel-obsessed sisters. I think my family is ready to have me committed, LOL.) It's not my fault they don't dream of sparkles at night!

Just wanted to share my little project that is currently in the works! It's a 9mm cushion Avarra in light ceylon blue with .50 cts. trilliant diamonds (or is it trillion, I be "confussed" 'bout the difference???).

I've tried Moissy, a FB OEC to be exact, and while I really did and do love it, I was missing color on my hands in a BIG way. I'm faaaaar too spazzy for anything more delicate than a sapphire/ruby, and my original e-ring was a sapphire, so.

Here are the cads - prongs look really wonky and it looks bulky but I'm told they will be nicely snug in reality, and of course CADS also look bulky/weird/too polished. Oh, ignore the violet color, too, LOL. Apparently that's how it looks under funky incandescent lighting. Dizzy

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
sapphirefleur3 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img][/php][/quote]

sapphirefleur1 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]
sapphirefleur2 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

pics of my actual stones, below. again, color i don't think is accurate, but actually, what the fig do I know? I had the stones sent right to my designer. from pics of other avarra light ceylons, i think this is photographing darker...

Alexasapphire by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • EarthDiva
09-18-2013, 10:10 AM,
RE: Sapphire and trilliant three stone
OMG! Amazing! I love it!! I love it even more that I inspired you! Do you have more photos of the Ceylon sapphire color!? I can't wait wait to see this set!

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM,
This will be gorgeous. Smile

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:34 AM,
(09-18-2013, 10:10 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: OMG! Amazing! I love it!! I love it even more that I inspired you! Do you have more photos of the Ceylon sapphire color!? I can't wait wait to see this set!

Oh, thanks! It's so fun to share ideas and inspirations! I can't wait to see your ring and am secretly hoping you do something super sparkly and blingy like 3-stone, halo, involving pink. LOL. That is what my more delicate, barbie-self would LOVE to do, but my "mom-self/hugespazz" is precluding me from living the dream, haha.

You have lovely taste. Here is a ring I've had for a few years. Junky, HSN lab sapphire but I LOVED the setting, minus the heart in the basket. So, that kinda got me rolling and then I saw your thread and was like, "great minds!"

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Alexaceylon3 by EarthDiva, on Flickr

The light ceylon taken with an iphone, under awful incandescent lighting, that is reflecting yellow and making my diamonds look like crrrrraaaap (they are "I" and Si1, for reference) and the avarra look completely washed out. I think the slight violet hue is more accurate though that the darker blue in my "better" picture. So, here ya go cuz it's the only other pic i have right now:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
ceylonhideous by EarthDiva, on Flickr

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:42 AM,
Exclamation  RE: Sapphire and trilliant three stone
(09-18-2013, 10:24 AM)LaLa Wrote: This will be gorgeous. Smile

Thank you, Lala!

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:46 AM,
breathtaking! I can't wait to see the finished product!

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:55 AM,
(09-18-2013, 10:24 AM)LaLa Wrote: This will be gorgeous. Smile

+1

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 11:42 AM,
Love this so much!

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM,
What jeweler are you using for your setting?

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 01:25 PM,
Thank you so much for the nice feedback, girls! I sent the cads to my 2 best friends and my mom (read: the only IRL people that don't wanna strangle me or glaze over entirely when I start with my jewelry-crazy, LOL) and my friends really liked it.

My mom's response was something like, "if you don't have anything nice to say..." Lol. When i asked again it was a less-than-subtle, "I hate it." ha! I didn't take it personally because we have very different taste (mine being flashier) but anyways, it's always cool to get positive feedback! Gotta love honesty too, though!Undecided

JooJoo - Gaelen @ Wroughtgold is making the ring. Love him and he's so nice and patient dealing with me. Angel