Scammer on the Bistro???
[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM,
Bug  Scammer on the Bistro???
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but....
I had someone named Monica contact me through the Bistro wanting to buy a bracelet. Something seemed off. I suggested she use the "Buy Now" feature or send me her email and I would invoice her. I never received an email notification regarding the new email from the bistro which was my first red flag. Second was that her user name was posted as "Spammer". I looked on BTD's board and saw that others had also been contacted by her and were suspicious. Do I need to be concerned that she has my email address? Should I change that? Passwords?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM,
RE: Scammer on the Bistro???
I was contacted by the same spammer about two of my listings yesterday and I just deleted the messages. Not sure if you should be concerned about them having your email or not, but I would maybe change passwords just to be safe.

[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 11:41 AM,
Thanks LaLa... I wish I had trusted my gut and not responded at all. Just to be safe I am gonna reset some passwords. I hate these bad apples!

[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM,
I was just checking my email settings. It's set to private communications. I responded through the bistro so maybe she/he doesn't have my email after all????

[-]
  •
09-30-2013, 02:05 PM,
Thanks for posting!! I would not worry that she has your email. Just don't send her anything. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website