Sent an email to Michael E
[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 05:31 AM,
Sent an email to Michael E
Hey girls I just sent an email to Michael E in hopes of maybe having an oval or a cushion recut into an antique stone. Then maybe have it coated for a barely pink. The possibilities are endless. lol.

On another note, tomorrow DK returns and then I can get my stone to him and finish my ering! EEEK so excited!!LoveLove

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 06:35 AM,
RE: Sent an email to Michael E
That is exciting! Let us know what you find out from Michael E.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 06:43 AM,
Cool update about both the re-cut possibilities, and finally getting your e-ring! You have really put in the hard work and research to get the ring you LOVE Smile

[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 08:57 AM,
Thanks Kat, I really have worked hard for my e-ring. THe down side, the FI still doesn't exactly know I'm chaning the ering up..oops! but I've dropped a few hints, and he says whatever makes you happy. lol NOw working on a christmas present with the recut. lol

[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 09:12 AM,
Both things are so exciting Ali!! I can't wait to see your new ering. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 09:26 AM,
(10-10-2012, 08:57 AM)ali_roxx Wrote: Thanks Kat, I really have worked hard for my e-ring. THe down side, the FI still doesn't exactly know I'm chaning the ering up..oops! but I've dropped a few hints, and he says whatever makes you happy. lol NOw working on a christmas present with the recut. lol

Woohoo

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 11:19 AM,
DK is there and they are back to work. Wink I can't wait to see what Michael says!

[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 11:32 AM,
Just to note, I have heard that MichaelE is slow to respond and not very reliable as in "it will be done on Tues", but then a week passes and then it's done.

Also, it's good if you can provide a picture or video of a stone you want to replicate.

[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM,
I emailed him yesterday, great minds think alike lorri and I asked him about an oval recut and he quoted me $80. He said the oval you had was only recut on the pavilion, so that's what he quoted me. Hope this info helps ladies! I'd really like to have him try this on amora gem......

[-]
  •
10-10-2012, 12:25 PM,
I just sent him like, this is what I'm thinking what do you need from me to get it done, of course the stone. and what would you say the pricing would be. and If i wanted a true antique cut with a pillowy top how big of a stone would we need to start out with. Smile thanks MissKK. I may just do the recut to the pavilion too, but I'd really like a true antique cut. grr decisions