Setting for my 9.8mm AG OEC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turks's post:
  • flower
10-02-2014, 07:08 PM,
Setting for my 9.8mm AG OEC
OKay ya'll - this is totally out of character but I did it. I purchased a HONKER AG OEC that I want to wear as a solitaire. I don't have good photos but here's a size perspective.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I am not sure about the setting, at first I was planning on getting an art nouveau creation from http://www.sevenfingers.com/rings.html HOWEVER I got the stone and it immediately told me that it needs to be placed in a dainty rose gold setting.

I have two ideas that I'm toying with, both rose gold solitaires, I will try to explain each but they need work. What do you think? I want them both to be very art deco, with graphic engraving.

1. Cathederal
This would be an engraved cathedral, thinner than the one in these photos, with a round circle and prongs to hold the stone and maybe a hexagon on the bottom but no basket. The thing I like about this is that there's lots of room for pretty art deco engraving. Link to example
2. Thinner cathedral
So I like this ring but would want it to have a simpler basket - I can't think of a way to make it art deco! I worry about the setting not being strong enough to hold the stone. example link
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 07:17 PM,
RE: Setting for my 9.8mm AG OEC
NUMBER 1!!! OMG. That is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever come across one like that! I think I'd definitely want a more substantial setting for that stone.

Whatever you do is going to be insane. I'm so excited to see what you come up with!

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 07:34 PM,
Wow, this stone glows! Heart

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
10-02-2014, 07:50 PM,
number 1!! And I love the size!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 08:01 PM,
Thanks guys, the size is a little daunting but I am sure I will get used to it quickly. My husband was like 'THAT STONE IS YOU!' haha

Jenn - I am surprised that you say #1 as #2 reminds me so much of your now morganite setting.

I am sooo conflicted, my husband is now saying do pink halo - all i know is that this stone needs rose gold.

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 08:41 PM,
I actually like #2 better. If you get one made like that likely it will not be as delicate so would be sturdier. But I love a crown basket.

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • CricketBug
10-02-2014, 08:45 PM,
This is my favorite all time fancy solitaire. But it could be changed to add engraving and the basket detailing.

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM,
I'm on the #2 bandwagon all the way! I love everything about it Big Grin

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 10:53 PM,
I love the basket of number 2 with the shank of number 1, so there! Big Grin

I know my 8.8/8.9mm OEC is nothing to sneeze at, but part of me is wishing I did go for the 9.5mm+! So glad I'll see one on a fellow sparkly sister's finger!

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 07:44 AM,
(10-02-2014, 08:45 PM)idahosubaru Wrote: This is my favorite all time fancy solitaire. But it could be changed to add engraving and the basket detailing.

DK is doing that Canera setting for me right now for my 10mm OEC!
With a teeny bit of a change. Can't wait!